The NFL draft is coming up, and obviously the most important thing about this significant event is the food you'll be eating. Classic football snacks tend to be high in calories and fat, which isn't ideal with summer coming up. But worry not - the draft doesn't have to ruin all of your healthy eating habits! Here are a few of the top healthy swaps you can make for your favorite classic football snacks.   

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

spinach, artichoke, herb, blue cheese
Cara Newcomer

Instead of the usual calorie-filled recipe, try this lighter swap! This recipe is perfect for parties, making a total of 32 servings. It's low in cholesterol and saturated fat, so feel free to indulge a little bit. Try it atop celery sticks, carrots or whole grain crackers for an added health bonus! 

Homemade Pizza Pockets

bread, dough, pastry
Benjamin Martin

Instead of just picking up the frozen version, try making these pizza pockets from scratch! They're super simple, and you can customize them with any ingredients you'd like, such as pepperoni, vegetables, or different types of cheese! If you're having a party, you can even have guests create their own personal pockets and fill them with whatever they want.

Since they're baked fresh rather than fried and frozen, you'll be eating less fat and fewer calories. 

If you're having a party, you can even have guests create their own personal pockets and fill them with whatever they want.

Mini Turkey Burgers

bread, chocolate, sweet
Valentine Bratoff

Instead of the typical burger made from red meat, try these mini turkey burger sliders! You'll be eating far less saturated fat and cholesterol, and can even make these the night before, so you won't have to worry about them on draft day! Top these with veggies and place them on a whole wheat roll for a perfect, healthy draft day snack. 

Whether you're actually interested in the draft or just there for the food, these recipes are perfect to celebrate the return of the NFL (or just any normal day). Be sure to make one of these for your next football party, as they're sure to please!