It doesn’t matter if you’re in preschool or college, the Easter baskets that many of us received this past weekend were full of candy that provided endless happiness. However, if you’re trying to maintain a nutritious diet, all that candy can take a toll on your health. As you consume all of your leftovers, check out just how much of your favorite Easter candy equates to 100 calories:

Easter Candy

Photo by Everett Putnam-Mackey

Jelly Beans

The oh-so-popular Easter candy comes in a variety of flavors and is made of nothing but pure sugar. Around 15 to 20 of these little beans will range around the 100 calorie mark.

Easter Candy

Photo by Everett Putnam-Mackey

Cadbury Mini Eggs

For those who want an egg shaped candy but prefer chocolate, a Cadbury Mini Egg will surely hit the spot. A 100 calorie portion consists of about 5 to 7 mini eggs.

Easter Candy

Photo by Everett Putnam-Mackey

Chocolate Bunny

The signature Easter candy is the pure chocolate shaped bunny. One bunny can be up to 500 calories so just eat the ears or the legs for a 100 calorie chocolate treat.

Easter Candy

Photo by Everett Putnam-Mackey

Peeps

These sticky marshmallows coated in sugar come in a variety of vibrant colors and are an Easter staple. Almost 4 whole Peeps will be around 100 calories; make sure to pop one in the microwave to watch it expand!

Easter Candy

Photo by Everett Putnam-Mackey

Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg

Around the Easter season, many popular chocolate and candy brands like to make egg instead of bunny shaped products. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are no exception as they swiftly turn their shape from a cup to an egg. Each one packs around 175 calories so eat a little over a half of one egg to hit that 100 calorie mark.

Part of living a healthy lifestyle is finding a balance between foods like Easter candy with foods that have a higher nutrient density. Remember to treat yourself on this holiday but be sure to follow these 100 calorie portion sizes!

Like this article? Check these out: