Ask anyone who knows me, desserts are my weakness. I can pass up chips, pizza, and mac n' cheese, but anything sweet is a whole other story. However, as someone who rarely indulges and follows a balanced, nutritious diet, things like cookies and cookie dough aren't exactly part of my daily foods... until now!

After seeing various companies post about "healthy cookie dough" or "protein cookie dough", I knew this was something I needed to try! Each company's product is very unique while tasting good and leaving you feeling good. I tried various brands so that you too can eat cookie dough while still working on that summer bod.

*Also, huge shoutout to the various companies featured in this article for their generous samples! 

HiiT Nutrition 

Of all of the cookie doughs I tried, HiiT Nutrition is what I would consider to be the healthiest option and also one of the best tasting! Whether you're on a restricted diet or just looking for a healthier option, this cookie dough is one that just about anyone can enjoy! It's vegan, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, and contains no preservatives or artificial ingredients. As a dietetics major, THIS has an ingredient list I love.

As a bonus, this cookie dough comes in tons of flavors such as chocolate chip, brownie batter, oatmeal raisin, confetti cake, peanut butter, lemon, and confetti cake! It even got the stamp of approval from my family members who typically don't like my "healthy desserts!" 

Smart Choice Protein

If you're looking for something higher on the protein end, Smart Choice Protein cookie dough is for you.

These cookie doughs are less calories than peanut butter, are gluten free, and high in protein. They have the texture most similar to cookie dough of all that I tried which I absolutely loved. Some of the flavors that they offer are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle, and Monster Cookie and let me tell you- you're gonna want these all! They also have flavors such as S'mores, Red Velvet, and Almond Sugar Cookie that is next up for me to try out and these are sure to be just as good-especially if peanut butter isn't your style! In addition to cookie dough, Smart Choice offers other healthier dessert options to help you satisfy that sweet tooth. 

They have the texture most similar to cookie dough of all that I tried which I absolutely loved. Some of the flavors that they offer are Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle, and Monster Cookie and let me tell you- you're gonna want these all.

They also have flavors such as S'mores, Red Velvet, and Almond Sugar Cookie that is next up for me to try out and these are sure to be just as good-especially if peanut butter isn't your style! In addition to cookie dough, Smart Choice offers other healthier dessert options to help you satisfy that sweet tooth. 

P.S. Snacks

If you follow any food accounts, you may have seen the new trend of dessert hummus. P.S. Snacks may not be known as a dessert hummus, but with a base of garbanzo beans or black beans it has a similar consistency and taste to it! I love this product because it is nutrient dense, low in sugar, and comes in single portion sizes/ (Self-control is hard when it comes to cookie dough, let me tell ya!) They come in three flavors: Chocolate Chip, Fudge Brownie, and Peanut butter.

If you're not a fan of the hummus this may not be for you because the texture did remind me of it (but I still encourage you to try it). I was most nervous to try this knowing that it had a bean base but I was pleasantly surprised at how filling these great tasting snacks were. 

Buff Bake 

While this not be cookie dough, Buff Bake graciously sent me some of their cookie samples which were just as good as cookie dough. As a nut butter company they have  flavors such as peanut butter chocolate chip, white chocolate peanut butter chip, and sweet and salty. They also have snickerdoodle, chocolate donut, birthday cake, and chocolate chip. These cookies come in both soft baked and crunchy sandwich cookies and will keep you full from being higher in fat and protein and satisfy any cookie craving.

If you're not ready for dessert after this, then maybe we can't be friends. Or maybe we can and then I can keep all of my cookie dough to myself. With summer approaching fast, these cookie doughs will help you to stay looking and feeling good while still being able to treat yourself.

Enjoy!