Growing up, the "Harry Potter" series was a huge part of my life. Like many others, I'm still waiting for my letter to Hogwarts, but I always find some consolation by living vicariously through the characters. Of course, a day spent reading the books or watching the movies is hardly complete without a scoop (or pint) of my favorite ice cream. Here are a few of the characters as ice cream flavors!

Harry Potter - Chocolate

Just like the classic chocolate ice cream, Harry is a classic hero. Despite all of the tragic events that occur in his life, Harry grows up to be compassionate and courageous. Also like chocolate ice cream, he's not everyone's favorite in comparison to others, but still loved regardless.

Hermione Granger - Mint Chocolate Chip

It's a well-known fact that Hermione's incredible intelligence and ability to think clearly during a crisis saves the trio countless times over the series. If it weren't for her, Harry would not have survived the first book, let alone defeat Voldemort. Much like mint chocolate chip, she's cool, but also bold and confident.

Ron Weasley - Cookies and Cream

Ron is extremely loyal, hilarious, and supportive of his friends. Not only does he have some of the best one-liners in the entire series, but also his love for food is referenced multiple times. Like cookies and cream, Ron is full of great qualities and will never let you down.

Ginny Weasley - Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 

Ginny begins as shy and quiet and grows up to be strong and confident (at least book Ginny does). She's lovable and tough on the inside, just like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.

Draco Malfoy - Coffee

Draco is often portrayed as the typical arrogant bully. However, there are a few moments that show he has at least some humanity. Like coffee ice cream, he lacks sweetness, but has the potential to be good.

Luna Lovegood - Birthday Cake

Luna is one of the most loved characters, especially for her optimism and open-mindedness. Being her true unique self lightens the mood of the series. Just like birthday cake ice cream, she's sweet and bright.

Neville Longbottom - Salted Caramel

Neville has one of the best character developments. Growing up being constantly bullied, Neville turns out to be a true Gryffindor. His bravery and heroism are what makes him such a favorite character, much like how salted caramel is loved by many for its bold but delicious flavor. 

Severus Snape - Garlic 

While Harry goes from hating Snape to naming his own son after him, there are a lot of strong opinions about Snape's character. He's definitely as controversial as garlic ice cream.

Albus Dumbledore - Neapolitan

While Dumbledore may be flawed, he's still a great wizard. His complicated character can't be summed up in one flavor, but rather the multiple flavors that make up Neapolitan ice cream.