All things food—trendy or just downright delicious—are great. But sometimes it's hard to keep up with all the new food out there. To help you stay in the know, we've compiled a menu of five awesome things in food and drink news that you need to be trying (or at least know about) today.

On the Menu

+ Halo Top has a new Peaches and Cream flavor

+ Cockroach milk is a thing and people are not here for it

+ There's a new chocolate bar that tastes like avocado toast

+ Chili's Boss Burger is now available nationwide

+ Alcoholic ice cream packets exist so you can make it at home

Halo Top Has a New Peachy Flavor Coming for Summer

Photo courtesy of Halo Top

Halo Top is releasing a new Peaches and Cream flavor, and if you could blend together the taste of summer, minus the sunscreen and sand, this is it. It mixes peaches in a cream and vanilla-flavored ice cream base and packs 320 calories and 20 grams of protein in each pint. You can pick up a pint of the new flavor starting in June (aka next week) through the end of August. Eh, maybe pick up a couple pints, you know, just to be safe.

Cockroach Milk Is a Thing, and It's Trending

Most people avoid cockroaches, but apparently, some scientists are drinking milk produced by the bug. Well, technically it's not real milk since cockroaches are not mammals, but in 2016, research found that the nutrient-rich milk crystals inside the Pacific Beetle cockroach could be good for humans. The crystals are said to contain four times as much protein as cow's milk. Yeah, that's a lot. But as you may have noticed, this was discovered two years ago, so why are people are still talking about it? Yesterday, Marie Claire tweeted out a piece titled "Why Cockroach Milk Is The New Health Obsession" and it quickly started trending—people were not having it. Keep in mind, the article shared, like the research, is nearly 2 years old. But cockroach milk is still absolutely nuts. 

There's a New Chocolate Candy Bar That Tastes Like Avocado Toast

Photo courtesy of Compartés

Compartés, an LA-based gourmet chocolatier, is partnering up with the California Avocado Commission to create the Compartés Avocado Toast bar. The bar is made with real, fresh avocados, caramelized breadcrumbs, and creamy white chocolate. You can get a bar now for $9.95 online or in the chocolatier's stores, but only through August. If you plan to stock up, keep in mind the shelf life of these things is roughly six months, so you'll still need to eat it up pretty quickly, which probably won't be an issue for most.

Chili's Humongous Boss Burger Is Now Available Everywhere

Photo courtesy of Chili's

Last month, Chili's announced it was testing a new Boss Burger in three select cities, and now, it's coming to you nationwide. The Boss Burger is half a foot tall, packed with bacon, jalapeño sausage, brisket, pulled rib meat, cheddar cheese, a beef patty, tomato, lettuce, ranch dressing, and BBQ sauce, all between two buns. This thing is MASSIVE and in total, comes to 1,650 calories. You can get one today at your nearest Chili's location for around $15 (depending on the location). 

Alcoholic Ice Cream Packets Are Like the Frozen Adult Version of Capri Sun

Boozy ice cream, at least a good version of it, is hard to come by. The added alcohol makes it hard to freeze and can leave you with a melted cup of liquor and cream (like a White Russian, but not very good). Fortunately, just in time for summer, there's a new alcoholic ice cream that you can make at home. According to PopSugar, the Curious Creamery is selling alcoholic ice cream packets that you can buy online and mix together yourself. All you need to do is add water or milk and your choice of alcohol to the mix, and then whisk away. It's as easy as making a good cocktail.