You may have heard all about Halo Top ice cream from our American neighbours, but have been unable to find it here in Canada. This isn't anything new for Canadians as we often miss out on some American products or services (i.e. Trader Joes or American Netflix). This time Canadians don't have to be disappointed for long as Halo Top will finally be available in Canada very soon.

What is Halo Top?

If you haven't heard of it already, Halo Top is low-calorie, high-protein and low-sugar ice cream that actually tastes good. The entire pints of ice cream range from 280-360 calories and have around 20g of protein. At only 6-8g of sugar per serving, it's no wonder this was the best selling ice cream brand in America in 2017. It was also picked as one of the 25 best inventions of 2017 by Time magazine.

Flavours

tea, beer, sweet, milk
Meredith Davin

While Halo Top currently has 38 flavours (dairy and non-dairy) listed on their website, Canada is getting 12 (dairy) flavours to start

These flavours include; vanilla bean, chocolate, peanut butter swirl, chocolate chip cookie dough, candy bar, caramel macchiato, sea salt caramel, birthday cake, mint chip, pancakes and waffles, oatmeal cookie, and cookies and cream. Check here for details on each of the flavours.

Where to Find It

Halo Top will be available in certain Canadian grocery stores including select Loblaws, Metro, Whole Foods, Longos, Save on Foods, and CO-OP stores. They are expected to be in stock starting from early March. Use this store locator to find a store near you.

Once Halo Top hits stores you will be able to enjoy all the low-calorie ice cream your heart desires. Just be careful not to over-do it, moderation is key even with healthier alternatives.