Halloween is right around the corner, which means you're probably scrambling to: 1) figure out what your costume will be, and 2) figure out the cheapest way to get that costume. Whether you're going to go all out or just throw on some animal ears, there is one thing that will keep your Halloween worthwhile: the candy.

Yes, the candy. Nothing keeps children happier and dentists' wallets full than that big ol' stash of Halloween candy. I remember coming back from trick-or-treating, pouring the contents of my candy bag all over the floor, and counting how many pieces I got that night. All-time record? 279 pieces. 

Now I'm here as a "grown up," to tell you that no matter what age you are you can still enjoy that sugary goodness wrapped in shiny silver packaging. Read on to discover which candy you should be chompin' down on this Halloween, according to your costume.

If You're a Cat: Hershey's Kisses

peanut butter, peanut, chocolate, butter
Annie Pinto

Nothing screams basic Halloween costume like a black cat, but no matter what, your costume still gets the job done. You dressed up and you look cute. Hershey's Kisses are just that – basic, effective, and cute. 

If You're a Devil: Red Hots

chocolate
Devon Carlson

This one is kind of a no-brainer. Fire-y, cinnamon-y Red Hots will be your go-to candy this Halloween. Plus, the color will match your horns and tail. 

If You're 3 Blind Mice: 3 Musketeers

beer

If you and two other friends are planning to walk around on Halloween with sunglasses on your face and a cane in one hand, odds are you guys are tight. 3 Musketeers is definitely your go-to candy, as a representation of your three-person #squad. 

If You're An Alien: Milky Way

chocolate, candy, milk, milk chocolate
Elyse Belarge

You are out of this galaxy, so naturally your candy should be too. Go ahead: dress up in neon green and devour this bar full of gooey caramel, nougat, and milk chocolate.

If You're a Bunny: Candy Corn

vegetable, sweet, gelatin
Diana DiGasbarro

Okay, bunnies don't really eat corn, but they do eat carrots, and candy corn basically looks like a carrot. Here are some cool ways to enjoy the Halloween-classic.

If You're a Witch: Snickers

chocolate, cereal, cream, sweet
Jayna Goldstein

Halloween would be nothing without a scary witch costume, but let's be honest, if you're dressing up as a witch you're probably making it anything but scary. Okay, look cute for Instagram in that pointy hat, and enjoy the sweet-and-saltiness of a Snickers bar while you're at it (or try it in a bagel).

If You're a Hippie: Skittles

candy, sweet, sweetmeat, jelly beans, egg
Madeline Hinderstein

Taste the Rainbow, spread the love – all good vibes coming your way with some Skittles. Better yet, infuse your vodka with them instead.

If You're a Princess/Queen: Reese's

chocolate, peanut butter, candy, cream, sweet, peanut, butter
Laura Palladino

There is no more royal combination than chocolate and peanut butter. Plus, Reese's is rumored to be Beyoncé's favorite candy, and, as we all know, she is the Queen B. 

If You're an Angel: Twix

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk, milk chocolate
Phoebe Melnick

This one may not make sense at first, but rest assured, the crunchy cookie, gooey caramel, and milk chocolate make for a heavenly combination.

If You're a Superhero: Crunch Bar

sweet, candy, dairy product, milk
Brittany Arnett

Mighty? Powerful? Yeah you are, and so are Crunch bars. Be so super and heroic to even make your own Crunch bars at home.

If You're Mario & Luigi (or any Duo Costume): Kit Kat

chocolate, peanut butter, peanut, butter
Hailey Maher

You and your BFF are the ultimate Duo: two peas in a pod, peanut butter and jelly, or, how I like to think of it, two Kit Kat bars in a wrapper. Or even in a cookie.

If You're a Sports Player: M&Ms

sweet, candy
Christin Urso

M&Ms are an all-American candy, and nothing screams America more than sports. And just like sports players, there are so many M&Ms to choose from. Find out what type of M&M you are here.