It's official: Spooky Season--I mean Fall-- is upon us. The leaves are changing color, pumpkin decor is infiltrating campus, and best of all, CVS has stocked its shelves with candy variety packs.

To help the community get excited for this wonderful time of year, Northwestern's Spoon chapter sent out a survey asking, “What kind of candy do trick-or-treaters want?” After a week, the results were collected. I'm here to deliver this hard-hitting news.

Here are the top five candies all trick-or-treaters want to come home with.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Amy Choi

Salty and sweet, Ben and Jerry, Drake and Josh, peanut butter and chocolate. Don't mind me, just naming some of the most iconic duos. It comes as no surprise that Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups take the number one spot on the list of candies trick-or-treaters want. The cups are heavenly whether you’re eating the classic variety or some of their other flavors. Mix it up with dark chocolate cups, white chocolate cups, or Reese’s Pieces. 

Kit Kat

Maria Aragon

In my opinion, Kit Kats are superior. The outside is chocolatey, the inside is crunchy, and best of all, they make for satisfying ASMR sounds when you take a bite. There is nothing more you need in candy. Kit Kat also comes in hundreds of flavors. Yes, you heard that right: hundreds. Matcha, strawberry, salted caramel, sake (yes, that exists, and yes, I tried it). The list goes on and on.

Spoon Tip: Having trouble finding the perfect way to eat your Kit Kat? Kourtney Kardashian can help. 

Twix 

Lucy Jung

Whether you’re team #LeftTwix or team #RightTwix, there is agreement among the Spoon community that the entire bar is delicious and trick-or-treat worthy. It consists of a crunchy cookie and a layer of smooth caramel encased in creamy chocolate. Twix come in both bite-sized pieces and fun-sized pieces, which are reserved for when you don’t want an entire chocolate bar. Twix also comes in white and dark chocolate varieties for when you’re ready to venture outside basic milk chocolate.

Hershey's Chocolate Bars

Lucy Jung

Picture this: It’s 9 p.m. on Oct. 31 and you just got back from trick-or-treating. You’re wearing a costume straight out of Party City, and you’re sitting on your living room floor, surrounded by your three best friends. You're all going through the candy you’ve collected. You see that you've received a full-sized Hershey's Chocolate Bar. Life is good. This classic treat, which now comes in several fun flavors, is always a favorite. 

Sour Patch Kids 

Lucy Jung

Sour. Sweet. Gone. This treat will satisfy the trick-or-treater who prefers sour and fruity candy over chocolate. Today, Sour Patch Kids come in lots of flavor packs, including watermelon, berry, and extreme. They also come in small, fun-sized packaging, making them perfect to hand out to crowds

Lucy Jung

Of course, it wouldn’t be Halloween without even more candy. Candies that are Halloween favorites, but didn’t make our list, include M&Ms, gummy bears, candy corn, Nerds, Milky Ways, Airheads, Skittles and Sour Punch Straws.

The Halloween candy aisle can be daunting. One of the most difficult tasks of the season is deciding which sugary treat to buy to give out to trick-or-treaters. But with this list in hand, be confident that you're picking the right candies, ones your trick-or-treaters are sure to enjoy.