You think grabbing a granola bar on your way out is one of the healthiest snacks around, but granola bars are high in sugar, fats, and calories for just a 4 x 1 bite.  Some granola bars, even with beautiful women doing yoga on the box, have the same amounts of sugar and fat as a Snickers Bar. Just know that there are good reasons as to why they’re not stashed next to the Cucumbers, Spinach, and Broccoli in the Grocery Store…

1.  KIND Bars– These bars a low in sugar, and are packed with protein.  Basically, these bars are just nuts glued together with honey.  They consist of clean ingredients, and were voted the #1 bar to bring hiking.  Woot Woot! Just watch it because some flavors have added sugars.

Photo Courtesy of vancouverfoodster.com

2.  Clif Bars– (Don’t do it!) Don’t get me wrong, if you are running a marathon or going on a 5 hour mountain hike, then the Clif Bar might be right for you.  But because the average bar has about 250 calories and 23 grams of sugar, I suggest staying away.

Photo Courtesy of blogspot.com

3.  Luna Bars– Eh. They’re okay, besides for its odd ingredients that mess up digestion.  They are relatively low in sugar for a granola bar (with about 8 grams), and they satisfy sweet tooth cravings without eating a candy bar.  The protein ones add a little somethin’, somethin’ too.

Photo by Amazon.com

4.  Kellogg’s Special K Protein Bars– Yum! These bars are only 110 calories and have just 2 grams of fat.  Since they have added protein, they keep you fuller longer than those tiny 90 calorie Special K Granola Bars that are out there.

Photo Courtesy of Blogspot.com

5.   Fiber One– These bars have 140 calories, 10 grams or sugar, 2 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber.  They are one of the only bars that have a high fiber count, too, and you are supposed to eat around 20 to 35 grams of fiber per day…

Photo Courtesy of zanda.com

Check out these related articles: