We've had it with this summer heat. It's time for sweaters and leaf piles. Fortunately for us, the limited-edition pumpkin spice Milano cookies are giving us the fall vibes we desperately need. Each fall-themed package comes with 15 cookies, perfect for sharing (or eating by yourself in one sitting on the couch). 

I love a good fall treat, so when a representative reached out and asked if I wanted to try the pumpkin spice Milanos, I couldn't say no. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks, so I'm ready for these pumpkin spice Milano.  

The Cookies

The cookies promise a layer of pumpkin and a layer of chocolate in between the two biscuits. I wasn't sure what to expect from a combination between pumpkin and chocolate, but chocolate goes with everything, right?

According to the package, the chocolate layer is supposed to be on the bottom, but there's really no such thing as an upside-down cookie. The two layers are easily distinguishable, and the orange layer is a vibrant color  — probably brighter than most pumpkins, but we'll take it. 

In this case, I think the pumpkin overshadows the chocolate so it becomes more of a pumpkin cookie. Definitely not something to be mad at though. The orange filling certainly lives up to its pumpkin spice name. Instead of just being a plain pumpkin cookie, the cookies truly taste like they're made with pumpkin pie filling. The package advertises pumpkin and cinnamon flavors, and it says the cookies are made with natural flavors. The package does note, however, that they use bioengineered food ingredients — including corn, soy, and sugar products from genitally modified crops. There are no artificial preservatives in the Milanos, so you have to eat them quickly! 

Dipping a pumpkin spice Milano into a PSL might be a bit too much pumpkin, but some steaming hot chocolate or a mug of apple cider would go well with a few cookies. The cookies aren't too sweet, so they make a perfect mid-day treat or a late-night dessert. The package says a serving size is two cookies, but each paper divider has more than two, so we like the way they count. You can never have too many pumpkin spice cookies, especially when these Milanos are a limited-edition flavor. 

If pumpkin isn't your thing, don't worry. In addition to their year-round offerings, Milano also has two other seasonal flavors: candy cane and chocolate banana.

Do you have a favorite Milano flavor? Let us know @spoon_cc on Instagram