Mac 'n' cheese is probably in my top five comfort foods. I might even say it's my carb + cheese combo of choice. I'll take it all: baked mac 'n' cheese, classic mac 'n' cheese, mac 'n' cheese pizza (my fellow Wisconsinites will share my love for Ian's), and of course, boxed mac 'n' cheese.

Aside from being delicious, boxed mac 'n' cheese makes for a ridiculously easy meal. There's only one downside: it doesn't deliver all of the nutrients you look for in a well-rounded meal. Or does it?

Say hello to Goodles, the mac 'n' cheese brand that does it all. Started by well-renowned Israeli actress Gal Gadot and her founding partners, Goodles takes boxed mac 'n' cheese to a new level, including more of the good stuff and less of the bad stuff.

Each serving of Goodles mac packs 15g of protein, 6g of fiber, and 21 plant-based nutrients. The chemicals and other fillers that can be found in other brands are nowhere to be seen on a Goodles label.

This all sounds amazing, but if you're anything like me, it means nothing if the product isn't, well, good. Goodles was kind enough to send me a variety pack to test all of the flavors and make that call for myself, so let's get into it.

Sophie Packman

Cheddy Mac

This flavor is the classic cheddar boxed mac 'n' cheese. When trying this, I was comparing it to what I know and love: Kraft and Trader Joe's cheddar boxed mac 'n' cheese. I was quite skeptical going into this but was shocked at how spot-on the taste was.

Goodles recreates the classic cheddar taste, and the noodles were great as well—not at all gummy like some chickpea pasta can be. This flavor definitely exceeded my expectations and gets an 8.1 out of 10.

Shella Good

This is the other flavor that I went into with a comparable mac in mind: Annie's White Cheddar Mac. Not to be ~cheesy~ but Goodles is right; this flavor is shella good.

Don't get me wrong, I love a classic cheddar boxed mac, but something about the aged white cheddar slightly elevates it. I also am a fan of the shell shape as opposed to the tubular cheddar shape. This flavor gets an 8.6 out of 10. 

Twist My Parm

Ok, Goodles really nails it with the puns, but I think this one takes the cake. Not only is this a parmesan flavor, but the pasta shape is a rotini-like twist.

In short, this flavor was amazing. Parmesan isn't usually found in mac 'n' cheese, so this flavor was something different. Parmesan is one of my favorite kinds of cheese (which is no minor feat), so I wasn't surprised to love this flavor. It gets a 9.3 out of 10.

Sophie Packman

Mover & Shaker

Cacio e pepe, meet mac 'n' cheese. I am not a huge pepper girl, so cacio e pepe is never a go-to order of mine. Because of this, I wasn't really anticipating loving this flavor. While it wasn't my favorite of the bunch, I definitely was pleasantly surprised.

I liked how the flavor was a nice balance of pepper and cheesiness. I was disappointed that it was the same classic tubular noodle because everybody knows that eating fun-shaped pasta just makes it taste better. I give this flavor a 7.8 out of 10.

Down The Hatch

In addition to the variety pack, Goodles sent me a package with their new specialty flavor. I was definitely the most excited to try this flavor, both because it seemed so unique and because I love spice.

This flavor is beautifully cheesy and spicy, which are arguably two of the best things the world has to offer. I ended up mixing edamame into my mac 'n' cheese, and it paired really well with the chile flavor. The only thing I was missing was the spice factor; I would have loved a more solid kick. Winning out as my favorite, Down The Hatch gets a 9.5 out of 10.

Sophie Packman

As you know, I was pretty skeptical of the taste factor of Goodles considering the nutrients they boast. I am very pleased to have found that Goodles does not sacrifice flavor in the slightest to achieve its nutritional benefits.

In addition, nearly all flavors are certified kosher, and there is even a vegan option. While I cannot speak on the vegan mac, I can say that Goodles is five for five in my book, which is quite encouraging feedback.

Whether I have convinced you Goodles is worth the splurge or you're stuck in the skepticism stage, you'll have to try it for yourself!