Most people who grew up in the USA have probably heard about the Thin Mints cookies from the Girl Scouts cookie collection at some point in their lives. After all, who doesn't like mint, chocolate, and cookie, all in one? Perfect for an after dinner treat—or maybe an any-time-of-the-day treat, really.

However, with Celiac and other gluten intolerances/sensitivities such as wheat allergy on the rise, many are no longer able to enjoy these delicious morsels. Enter Goodie Girl Cookies—the baker of a range of delicious gluten-free cookies in vibrant, colorful packaging reminiscent of the packagings of Girl Scouts Cookies.

The best part? They make a flavor called Mint Slims—which is the gluten-free version of Thin Mints. These Mint Slims are a crunchy, crumbly mint chocolate cookie covered in a layer of luscious chocolate—exactly like the Girl Scouts Thin Mints cookies.

However, there is one big difference. The Mint Slims are gluten-free, which means for those that are celiac or have other gluten intolerances, they can now enjoy their favorite Girl Scouts cookies again.

sweet, candy, chocolate
Weichen Yan

The company began when founder Shira Berk was challenged by a fellow parent at her kids' preschool to create a gluten-free version of the cookies baked at the preschool's cafe. 17 months and tons of bags of sugar and various gluten-free flours later, Shira finally achieved her perfect gluten-free Quinoa Chocolate Chip cookie, which even began outselling the traditional alternatives at the preschool cafe.

These chocolate chip cookies are much crunchier and less "pasty" than other gluten-free cookies. The secret? They're made with a signature gluten-free flour blend that includes—wait for it—quinoa flower. Honestly, who doesn't want to be seen eating something with quinoa in it these days? So popular that these cookies were served in a s'mores recipe as one of the snacks at the Critics' Choice Awards!

cream, goody, candy, sweet, chocolate
Weichen Yan

The Mint Slims are equally as delicious. Just like the Girl Scouts Thin Mints, they're mint-chocolate cookies with a chocolate coating. The only difference is, of course, the lack of gluten.

Goodie Girl uses a signature blend of various gluten-free flours to achieve a balance of textures that makes you forget that you're not eating the real thing. These also now come in snack-sized packs, so you can enjoy your favorite cookie snacks on-the-go, or if you're just worried you'll eat the entire box.

I love these Mint Slims because I prefer their cookie texture, which is crunchy without being overly pasty, possibly due to the use of tapioca flour and white rice flour. I also prefer the chocolate coating of Mint Slims to Thin Mints—it's smoother and more velvety than that of the Thin Mints, and the mint flavor shines through without being overpowering.

Apart from the Mint Slims and Quinoa Chocolate Chip, Goodie Girl also offers gluten-free spins on classic flavors like oatmeal raisin and double chocolate. They also have more unique flavors like their Toffee Chaos packed full of buttery toffee pieces, mini choc chips and caramelized crispy rice, as well as two other Slims: vanilla and cocoa. 

milk, sweet, chips, candy, chocolate
Weichen Yan

Need some inspirations on your next gluten-free dessert to serve dinner guests? You can check out Goodie Girl's recipe of mint chocolate cookies banana shake here