You're strolling through the mall, having gotten your 10,000 steps for the day from window shopping, when you smell it. The luscious, addictive, sweet scent luring you to Godiva, a classic mall food vendor. Though the chocolate covered strawberries are tempting, Godiva has rolled out a new dessert. It's called the Croiffle, though it may not be a Cronut, it'll be your new favorite sweet sandwich.

So what exactly is a Croiffle?

A Croiffle is a croissant-waffle hybrid. It's made out of freshly-made buttery croissant and pressed into a hot waffle. What really elevates this treat is that you can fill it with your fillings of choice, whether it be savory or sweet.

What are my options?

toast, sweet, bread, butter, grilled cheese sandwich, cake, honey, pastry, cheese
Christin Urso

While Godiva is typically known for its sweets, their savory options add a whole new layer to the chocolate company's vast repertoire. You can have your choice of savory options like the Three Cheese sandwich filled with melty Gruyere, Havarti and Swiss or Ham & Swiss sandwich with Black Forest Ham. 

On the other hand, if you have a sweet tooth and want to satisfy your sugar cravings, there's also one filled with dark or milk chocolate.

Godiva will be debuting these new creations at their brand new Godiva Café. The first café opened in February in Penn Station's LIRR lower concourse level and the second is set to open a few months later, in the spring on Lexington Ave.

Here's to hoping that there are even more openings in the works.