Dining hall food can get boring real fast, especially in the winter when it's cold, time for finals, and when you gotta stay in your dorm studying. These snacks will be your go-to foods for your college dorm and will add a little spice to your college diet and prevent another run to the dining hall at 10:30 pm.

1. Peanut Butter

chocolate, dairy product, jam, cream, coffee, sweet, milk, peanut butter, jar
Caroline Ingalls

Peanut butter is my top go-to food in my dorm because there are so many ways you can enjoy it. With a banana, on toast, a spoonful in your oatmeal, or even spice up a fruit smoothie!

2. Bananas

banana, vegetable

Bananas are another staple that I always have in my dorm room because bananas are really versatile. I eat mine plain, with peanut butter, and in smoothies. They have enough nutritional value that I can eat one for breakfast and be full 'til lunch.

3. Instant Oatmeal

coffee, tea, chocolate
Kourtney Meldrum

Instant oatmeal is a good go-to food at any time of the day, not just for breakfast. Before class in the morning or for late night studying, these have protein and fiber in a portable meal (especially if you get the ones that come in the cups).

4. Craisins

Craisins are another one of my go-to food of mine.  I don't know about you, but I am a firm believer that craisins are WAY better than raisins. They're good on top of oatmeal or good to keep in your bag if you need a pick-me-up during the day. 

5. Dark Chocolate

cocoa, chocolate chips, chips, chocolate
Caroline Ingalls

Let's be completely honest: everyone gets the craving for something sweet and decadent. Dark chocolate is one of those great things because it's way better for you than milk chocolate, and in fact, people say that it's encouraged to have a piece a day! Have them in oatmeal, or just toss a few chips in your mouth. Rejoice and treat yo'self!

6. UNREAL Chocolate Crispy Quinoa Gems

Okay, people. I have found the healthy version of Crispy MNM's and let me tell you, they're life-changing. I keep them by my bed for Netflix bingeing. They're dark chocolate and the crispiness comes from quinoa so they're technically good for you!

7. Microwave Popcorn

cottage cheese, kettle corn, salt, cereal, corn, popcorn, bowl of popcorn
Julia Gilman

Microwave popcorn is another good option because it's such a versatile snack. Add chocolate sauce to make it sweet or everything bagel seasoning to make a salty treat. It can be used to satisfy all your food cravings and moods.

8. Hummus

hummus, bread, vegetable, cream, cheese, parsley
Rae Steinbach

Another strong opinion of mine, not just because I am Jewish, is that hummus is better than ranch. It's another delicious, versatile snack. You can have it with bread, veggies (carrots and bell peppers FTW), there's even chocolate hummus (sooooo good, I promise) that you can have with apples, pretzels, or your favorite dippers (is that a thing?)!

9. Nuun Water Enhancers

Everyone knows that there is a certain dehydration level that comes with college.  We carry water bottles around constantly, yet we always feel groggy and dehydrated. Nuun water enhancers are these little pellets that you drop into your water and they give you a nutrient enhanced beverage. Whether you choose Vitamin C or Electrolytes, your body will thank you for the extra hydration.

10. hi-ball Energy Seltzer

Ever feel like you need that extra caffeine boost before your 9:45 class but don't want to wait in the line for your latte? hi-ball seltzers are soo good, and they give you that added caffeine boost to start your morning right. It isn't coffee, but with so many different flavors to choose from, your latte can wit til after class.

I am a firm believer that the food you keep in your dorm should be healthy and fun. These are my go-to foods almost every day.  From one already-bored-of-the-dining-hall college student to another, happy snacking!