Whether it’s by choice or because of an allergy, living gluten-free is no easy task, especially in college. Having a restricted diet is already tough enough, so eating gluten-free in a place where Easy Mac and ramen noodles are daily staples may seem downright impossible.

UVA offers many more gluten-free dining options than many other schools, dedicating an entire station in its dining halls to serve only Allergy-Friendly and gluten-free meals. While the Copper Hood is undoubtedly a great resource for gluten-free students, a girl can only eat so much roast beef.

Here is the ultimate guide on how to survive as a gluten-free student at UVA:

1. Annie’s Gluten-Free Microwavable Mac and Cheese

Gluten Free Guide

Photo courtesy of helloglutenfree.com

Jealous when your friends opt for an Easy Mac dinner? Have no fear, Annie’s offers microwavable rice pasta that is just as tasty. Pick up this mac and cheese on your next run to Harris Teeter– it’s definitely worth the trip.

2. Glutino’s Pretzels

Gluten Free Guide

Photo courtesy of jojoandeloise.com

Yes, the rumors are true, gluten-free pretzels are actually better than traditional pretzels. You can find these pretzels at Crossroads, along with an entire section of gluten-free snacks. #SpoonTip: dip them in melted chocolate or Nutella for a sweet-and-salty treat.

3. Mellow Mushroom

Gluten Free Guide

Photo courtesy of Annie Rosenthal

This popular pizzeria offers an entire gluten-free menu, allowing you to go out to dinner without having to worry about what you can and can’t eat. Plus Mellow’s Gluten Free pizza crust is the bomb.

4. Citizen Burger Bar

Gluten Free Guide

Photo courtesy of citizenburgerbar.com

Located in Charlottesville’s Downtown Mall, Citizen’s is the perfect destination for a night out. Its “custom burgers” give Gluten Free customers tons of options, allowing you to sub the classic brioche bun for a lettuce bun or even a gluten-free bun.

5. Bold Rock Hard Cider

Gluten Free Guide

Photo courtesy of blueridgelife.com

Offering 5 different flavors, this beverage is quite a tasty gluten-free alternative to beer. Trust me, you’ll have all your friends hooked on this cider after one sip.

6. Baked by Melissa

Gluten Free Guide

Photo courtesy of @bakedbymelissa via Twitter

This NYC-based cupcake shop has just announced a new gluten-free cupcake line, and you can have them shipped straight to your dorm room. It doesn’t get much sweeter than that.

Although I am not personally gluten-free, living with a gluten-free roommate has opened my eyes to the difficulties of this dietary restriction. Being gluten-free in college may seem daunting at first, but my roommate has shown me that it is definitely possible.

And even if you’re not gluten-free, these destinations and snacks are worth a try. Who knows, you may end up liking them better than your usual gluten-full treats.