The last time I saw Shake Shack giving away free burgers, I shared the news with my co-workers and suddenly, everyone was in a frenzy submitting their orders. Further proof that free food is exciting for everyone, even for food editors who are well accustomed to it. Well, this week, Shake Shack is giving away free burgers again—let the madness commence.  

cheese, sandwich
Casey Irwin

Postmates and Shake Shack have paired up to give you and a friend each a free burger, from now until Sunday, Dec. 17. Basically, if your have already downloaded Postmates — the food delivery app that seems to deliver literally anything, from fancy local restaurants to Chipotle — all you need to do is refer a friend who doesn't.

Let me break it down:

To get it, you need to have an account with Postmates, So if you haven't yet, first download Postmates. 

If you already have an account with Postmates, find a friend who doesn't. And if you don't have Postmates downloaded, find a friend who does. The friend who does have Postmates can then send their friend who doesn't, a free ShackBurger. In return, they'll receive a $10 credit towards a ShackBurger of their own. And voila! Two free burgers. 

Where at? 

The deal that actually started on Monday, is running in 17 cities: Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Brooklyn, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Antonio, and Washington, DC. 

Lauren Murray

On Monday, Postmates and Shake Shack announced that you can score a free burger for yourself and a friend all this week.

So if you live in the area, get on Postmates for a free burger! I'm going to save mine for Saturday around noon when I really need it.