There is a sort of nostalgia to frosted animal crackers. These pink and white crackers are that snack that you always used to try to sneak into your cart at the grocery store, but your parents never let you buy ’em.

As years have passed, these beloved cookies aren’t seen as frequently on college pantry shelves. Alright, let’s be honest, none of us are really grown ups yet. All the more reason to make some sweet treats out of one of the most loved childhood cookies.

Frosted Animal Cracker Cupcakes

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of houseofyumm.com

Add animal cookie bits to the batter and frosting of your cupcakes. The simplest of additions is always the sweetest. Get the recipe here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Muddy Buddies

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of deliciouslyyum.com

You’ve never seen puppy chow like this–all covered in white chocolate, sprinkles, and most importantly, frosted animal crackers. Here‘s how to make a batch.

Frosted Animal Cracker Milkshake

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of gluedtomycraftsblog.com

The perfect add-in to a classic vanilla milkshake. Check the recipe here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Blondies

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com

If I were a frosted animal cracker, I would love nothing more than to be baked into blondie batter. That would be priiime. The recipe is here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Butter

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of thesmartcookiecook.wordpress.com

Trader Joe’s does a damn good cookie butter, but this one takes it a level up. Instead of Speculoos cookies, frosted animal cookies make a cookie butter that you’ll want to eat straight out of the dish. Here‘s how.

Frosted Animal Cracker Fudge

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of abajillionrecipes.com

The smoothness of the fudge together with the crunchiness of the cookies… it doesn’t get much better than that. Get the recipe here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Sugar Cookies

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of wishesndishes.com

Lemme tell ya, frosted animal crackers are 100 times better than chocolate chips. Get the recipe here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Krispie Treats

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of cookiesandcups.com

Get. Out. The two best childhood sweets EVER can be made into the ultimate sweet treat. Get the recipe here.

Ice Cream Cake with Frosted Animal Cracker Crust

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of cosmopolitan.com

Graham cracker crust is soooo overrated. Switch it up with some crushed animal crackers. Here’s the recipe aka your key to happiness.

Frosted Animal Cracker Popcorn

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of communitytable.parade.com

One, we all know that sweet popcorn is better than savory. Two, melted animal crackers are better than chocolate. Any day. Get the recipe here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Ice Cream

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of kailleyskitchen.com

This is how a party animal has a party. Add frosted animal crackers to your ice cream and you’ll be the happiest camper in town. Here’s how. If you’re too lazy to churn it yourself, learn how to make ice cream without churning it here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Truffles

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of smittenwithsweets.wordpress.com

Nope, not like the fancy mushroom. These truffles are essentially cake balls, but cookie balls. Cool, right? Check the recipe out here.

Frosted Animal Cracker Cookie Dough Bars

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of beyondfrosting.com

There is not one person who doesn’t love raw cookie dough, but animal cracker cookie dough with frosted animal crackers inside? Woah, that’s a game changer. Here’s how to make ’em. 

Frosted Animal Cracker Truffle Bark

frosted animal cookies

Photo courtesy of abajillionrecipes.com

Think peppermint bark, but soooooo much better. Get the recipe here.

Homemade Frosted Animal Crackers

frosted animal cookies

GIF by Samantha Ho

If you’re feelin’ super ambitious, make your own frosted animal crackers to use in these recipes. Spoon’ll teach ya how here.