Does the sound of a delicious, gluten-free, melt-in-your-mouth macaron for no cost sound exciting to you? Of course it does (as it should). Here’s some good news: This will be your reality this Friday at Good Seed Baking Co.

macaron

Courtesy of Good Seed Baking Co.

Good Seed Baking Co. is a dedicated gluten-free bakery located in downtown State College on South Fraser Street. It was founded by Penn State graduates Bob Ricketts, Louisa Smith and Laura Young in May of last year. Good Seed sells various baked goods including pies, cakes, muffins, cookies, scones and (most prominently – if your mouth wasn’t watering already) macarons.

In celebration of its first anniversary, the start of the Farmers Market season and Celiac Awareness Month in May, Good Seed is hosting its Second Annual Free Macaron Day on May 1, 2015. The event will take place from 9am to 4pm.

macaron

Courtesy of Good Seed Baking Co.

A free macaron, in the flavor of your choice, will be available to each customer with no purchase necessary. On a general day, Good Seed normally offers three to six flavors at a time which is decided by what “we have in stock, what we feel like making, what colors will look pretty together and what we have not made in a while,” but on Friday there will be 12 flavors to choose from.

The flavors available on Friday are:

• Vanilla Bean
  • Birthday Cake
  • Raspberry Cheesecake
  • Lemon
  • Chocolate Hazelnut
  • Salted Caramel
  • Pistachio
  • Mocha
  • Blueberry
  • Lavender
  • Passion Fruit
  • Strawberry
macaron

Courtesy of Good Seed Baking Co.

The chocolate hazelnut is Smith’s favorite because of the Nutella filling. The new blueberry cream macaron is also a good choice fit for any Nittany Lion. Smith said, “We used actual freeze-dried blueberries that are grounded up at the shell and that are filled with vanilla buttercream, so it’s kind of a blue-and-white Penn State theme.”

In addition to free macarons, Ricketts, Smith and Young will be giving away samples of their other desserts and treats and will be having giveaways for items like gift cards and a dozen of macarons.

macaron

Courtesy of Good Seed Baking Co.

According to Smith, the main goal of the event is for “people to come out and have a good time and try out what we have to offer and hopefully they come back some day.” I am certain they (and myself) will be coming back again and again after this Friday.

Free Macaron Day will be the ultimate ending of a very successful first year for Good Seed Baking Co., as well as a chance to bring the local community together for a tasty treat so be sure not to miss it!

If you enjoyed this article, check these out: