Though Pitzer omelets do have a special place in my heart, there is simply no other place to go on Sunday mornings than Frank Dining Hall for brunch. Sure, if you don’t attend Pomona, it might be a bit of a walk. But at the end of the day, Frank will most definitely be worth the trip. Here are six reasons why brunch at Frank reigns supreme:

1. Three Types of Cheeses on Your Omelette

frank brunch

Photo by Alex Tam

Cheddar. Mozzarella. Feta. Pick one, or two or all three and start your morning off right with a rich and cheesy omelet. If you’re lactose intolerant, check out this lactose-intolerant cheese guide to figure out how to get your Frank cheese-fix in the least painful way possible.

2. Bagels and Lox

frank brunch

Photo courtesy of sodahead.com

For all my fellow New Yorkers out there, come get a taste of home and make your own bagel and lox. While Frank’s bagels might not be quite at the level of H&H or Absolute, they are from 42nd Street Bagels, which is probably the closest the Inland Empire will ever get to a true, authentic bagel. Check out this article to see what other staples New Yorkers miss the most when they’re out of state.

3. Chocolate Chip Pancakes

frank brunch

Photo by Christine Kim

Though other dining halls do occasionally serve these chocolatey breakfast classics, none of these come even close to achieving the magic that is a Frank chocolate chip pancake. Perfectly fluffy, buttery, rich and indulgent, these delicacies truly constitute everything you should ever want in a brunch food. Top them off with bananas, pile on some Nutella, drown them in syrup, or enjoy them in their divine and immaculate state to embark on a life-altering experience.

4. Cheesy Bread

frank brunch

Photo by Paige Rogers

For those times when the lines are simply too long to brave without some sort of sustenance, Frank has you covered with its consistent supply of cheesy bread. Satisfying but not too heavy, it makes for a great appetizer before your main brunch course.

5. Fruit Selection

frank brunch

Photo by Alex Weiner

From mango chunks, to coconut flakes, to berries and tangerines, Frank’s fruit selection is simply on point. Also featuring all of your standard dining-hall options like melon and pineapple, Frank comes through for all of your fruity-cravings. While it unfortunately lacks an alcoholic drink section, hoard some fruit on your way out (or sneak in a bottle on your way in) and make your own sangria with stolen dining hall ingredients.

6.  The Ambiance

frank brunch

Photo courtesy of voices.pomona.edu

The final reason as to why brunching at Frank is such an extraordinary experience lies in its ambiance. With a mediterranean-themed outdoor patio lined with palm trees and an aesthetically-pleasing fountain, you’ll think you’re dining in a resort rather than a dining hall. Even if you don’t manage to get an outdoor table, the booths inside are equally as comfortable.