Ever love a food so much you wish you could shout its name from the rooftops? Or maybe write a song professing your adoration? These following singers have incorporated food into some of the top, greatest songs in history. We’ve compiled some of our favorites, along with some recipes inspired by the lyrics.

1. Lemon Tree, by Joanna Wang (Original by Fool’s Garden)

Lyrics: “I wonder how, I wonder why, yesterday you told me ‘bout the blue blue sky and all that I can see is just a yellow lemon tree.”

A song that reminds us all about the pensive qualities that emerge from sitting under a fruit true. Isaac Newton did it, and after he was hit in the head with an apple, he formulated the law of gravity. Inspired by this song? Whip up a batch of easy lemon bars or a pitcher of lemonade to quell the heat as summer comes around the corner.

2. Milk Shake, by Kelis

Lyrics: “My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.” 

It’s unclear what exactly Kelis is referring to when she sings about this icy beverage, but we do know that milkshakes are the answer for all of our dessert needs. We’re dying to try this Nutella milkshake, but this cake batter-flavored milkshake isn’t too shabby either.

3. Banana Pancakes, by Jack Johnson

Lyrics: “Waking up too early, maybe we can sleep in. Make you banana pancakes, pretend like it’s the weekend now.”

Jack Johnson was right: banana pancakes are the correct choice for an early breakfast. While we do love our traditional pancakes with all of our favorite toppings (think powdered sugar or blueberry syrup), two-ingredient banana pancakes are both a healthy and quick alternative that can be made with ingredients that are probably already in your kitchen.

4. Strawberry Fields Forever, by The Beatles

Lyrics: “Let me take you down ’cause I’m going to strawberry fields.”

While this song was originally penned by the British rock group to protest the violence of the Vietnam War, the strawberry fields mentioned in the chorus make us think of some of our favorite fruity desserts. This cake combines strawberries and chocolate…what more could you ask for?

Whether its a current day artist or a rock-and-roll legend, food has definitely been engrained in many popular songs. And after these song and food combos, maybe you’ll be inspired to write an ode to your favorite dish.