Virginia Tech Dining, as always, is at the top of its game. In the Fall of 2016, two food trucks will be unveiled in addition to the six dining centers on campus. These trucks will drive around campus and make many stops on campus throughout the day.

D2 has been testing out several menu options for the trucks and we gave them all a try.

Pescado Asado Tortilla

food trucks

Photo By Kate Avdellas

This delicious flour taco was filled with a generous portion of grilled fish, smothered with a slaw mix and Sriracha cilantro sauce for an extra kick and topped off with a fresh lime.

Overall, the taco was impeccable. The Sriracha sauce added an extra layer to the taco and brought it all together. The only complaint I have is that it took much longer to make than the rest of the items on the menu.

Rating: 9/10

Smoked Pulled Pork Tortas

food trucks

Photo By Kate Avdellas

Your classic Pork BBQ sandwich – a crispy bun loaded up with pork, BBQ sauce and a southern slaw.

The flavor of the pork BBQ was smokey and mouthwatering but it was overpowered by the huge glob of coleslaw. If there was just a little less coleslaw, this sandwich would have been perfect.

Rating: 7/10

Chicken Banh Mi Tortas

food trucks

Photo By Kate Avdellas

Hands down one of the best items on the menu by far. It is a warm bun layered with grilled chicken, soy mayo, pickled slaw, cucumber, cilantro and topped with jalapeño.

This sandwich is as good as it looks. All the flavors come together perfectly and you may find yourself back in line again for round two.

Rating: 10/10

Buffalo Cauliflower Tortilla

food trucks

Photo By Kate Avdellas

This creation will blow you away. Cauliflower smothered in buffalo sauce topped with southern slaw, ranch dressing and bleu cheese crumbles all on a flour tortilla.

Don’t let the cauliflower scare you away. This item was just as good as any of the other options with meat. Also, it’s a great vegetarian alternative. Give it a try if you’re in the mood for something spicy.

Rating: 8/10

Beef Barbacoa Tortilla

food trucks

Photo By Kate Avdellas

This barbacoa taco will give Chipotle a run for it’s money. It is a flour tortilla with a pile of barbacoa, pickled onion, cilantro and a fresh lime.

Although the barbacoa had a great flavor, the taco had too much pickled onion, taking away from the center piece of the dish: the beef.

Rating: 6/10

Churro Tots with Nutella

food trucks

Photo By Kate Avdellas

A bag of warm, delectable cinnamon-sugar churros with Nutella dipping sauce.

One word. FLAWLESS.

Rating: 10/10

food trucks

Photo Courtesy of Tumblr

Keep up the astounding work VT dining. You continue to amaze us.