For college students, the only way that you may have attended a wedding is with your relatives, where you were invited as a family. Even then, it was probably another family member or a family friend's wedding. Many of us are only in our late teens and early 20s, so it makes sense that we as individuals aren't getting invited to our friends' or peers' weddings (imagine planning a wedding on top of a full credit load, a part-time job, a social life and, you know, sleeping).

However, you might have a friend that chooses to get married during school, or maybe you have a friend a few years older that is tying the knot. You probably don't have much experience picking out your own wedding gift, because you usually are credited in your family's gift. For when you're invited without your family to a wedding, here are some affordable food-themed wedding gifts to give your friends, because anything food related is worth giving (and receiving). 

Red Wine Stain Remover 

Photo courtesy of Uncommon Goods

This red wine stain remover is an unexpected, yet necessary, gift for newlyweds. After the wedding, celebrations ought to happen in their home, and often times celebration is synonymous with alcohol. With alcohol comes accidents, but don't fret over spilled milk (wine?), because you can fix that without breaking a sweat. 

Custom Cutting Board 

Photo courtesy of TPC Design Studio

This personal touch on this common item will bring back memories of the couple's special day. Or, this custom cutting board will remind them about their anniversary if dates are a hard thing to remember.  

Foodie Dice 

Photo courtesy of Uncommon Goods

What's for supper? Maybe the newlyweds are having a hard time answering the critical question, but these Foodie Dice will give them an answer. With six dice that tell you what protein and sides to have, how to cook them, and what seasonings to top them off with, you'll have a meal chosen for you with a sweep of your hand. A grand total of 46,656 options is possible, so you'll never have the same dish twice. 

Personal Peanut Butter Spoon

If the newlyweds weren't living together before, they're definitely going to need their own peanut butter spoons when they start. When you just need a spoonful of creamy peanut butter after a stressful day, it makes it all the better if you can claim it with your name on it, too. 

Customizable Cookie Stamp 

Photo courtesy of Uncommon Goods

These customizable cookie stamps could be used for any occasion. Maybe you want to spell Merry Christmas for a cookie platter, or your spouse is not a birthday cake person (what?) and would prefer to be wished a Happy Birthday with cookies. Or, they had their first newlywed fight and want to make up - they can stamp their own personal message on the cookies and give them to their spouse. If "sorry" isn't enough, maybe "sorry" spelled out in cookies will be. 

Now that you've seen these food-themed wedding gift ideas, at least one of them has to be a great fit for your friends. Maybe you'll even find yourself buying a second set of whatever you choose for yourself - because I can't lie, red wine stain remover sounds like a necessity now.