Technology has changed the way we live our lives. Communication has become effortless, and traveling to the other side of the world takes but half a day. Even the way we approach food, eating and shopping for groceries has transformed with the innovation of technology. Mobile applications are entering the kitchen the same way that they are coming into our lives.

Sidechef is about to become your new best friend in the kitchen, whether you are a cooking amateur or an accomplished chef. This newly launched app combines technology and cooking to take the guesswork and complications out of cooking, while making sharing and finding recipes easier than ever.

SideChef has step-by-step photo instructions as well as voice narration to guide you through every step of your cooking process.

Photo courtesy of SideChef

Not impressed yet? It also comes with voice commands so that you don’t have to touch your screen when your hands are dirty, and an automatic timer so that you don’t have to worry about leaving the oven on.

Photo courtesy of SideChef

SideChef has partnered with food bloggers, cooking schools, and accomplished chefs to bring you over 350 carefully curated recipes. New recipes are always being added, and you can add your own to share with friends through Facebook and Twitter.

Photo courtesy of SideChef

The tokens you get from cooking, sharing, and referring your friends can be used to download recipes and determine the level of membership. With enough points, you can be featured or even be entered in giveaways. Get extra points by registering with the code: FTFOSC.

By assisting with every step and taking the guesswork out of cooking, SideChef acts as a partner you can rely on in the kitchen. It makes cooking a little less daunting for college students who may not be familiar with different kitchen appliances and ingredients and it’s free in the app store. The only downside: it is currently only available on the iPad.

Download the app here.