While filling the application to join Spoon, while planning and executing the successful UDelhi events, while struggling with the publishing cycle and meeting deadlines for articles – yes, that’s how this year went by, probably at the speed of light.

As we juniors finally bid an adieu to our lovely seniors, words aren’t enough to express the potpourri of emotions that are brimming within us. Yet we decided to leave the tears for the end and rejoice the blessing these guys have been for us in the ‘Spoon’ way because Spoon without food and food without Spoon is so not cool!

So, as our seniors step into the next bright chapter of their lives, we try to tell them what they mean to us, in the foodiest way possible.

1. Sonal Chanana – Honey Chilli Potato

senior

Graphic by Namrata Satija

She is our combination of sugar, spice and everything nice. From managing the entire Events and Marketing department along with Kritika’s panic attacks to being the angriest person on the planet to sweetly singing in her ‘Shinchan’ voice. Oh, how we are going to miss all this.

Sonal, thank you for being the pillar of our chapter. We are going to miss you so much!

2. Sabhyata Badhwar – Macaroons

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

Her love for macaroons is not hidden from all of us and quite similar to these sugary little things she is also our dose of everything sweet.

Thank you for all the amazing pictures that you clicked for our articles. We love you!

3. Tarunima Kumar – Mojito

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

She is the coolest member of this chapter and thus a cool and refreshing Mojito describes her the best.

Thank you for the numerous good pictures that you clicked of us, and of course the food too.

4. Nidhi Dayal and Shikha Singh – Red Hot Chillies

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

Sorry, but we couldn’t decide who is hotter. You see, too much love for these two.

Thank you both for being an essential part of the UDelhi chapter since the very beginning.

5. Shiv Kumar Madaan – Cupcake

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

He is our Mr. Demould! He is one person with so many different traits that can definitely match the different flavours of his cupcakes.

Thank you for the free supply of cupcakes all along! We hope this service will continue, right? We know you and Demould have a long way to go. All the best, Shiv!

6. Achanta Srilekhya – Idli

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

We couldn’t think of anything better than this. It perfectly describes her sweet and cool south Indian nature.

We’ll miss that for sure!

7. Simran Mehdiratta – Strawberry

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

Because she is as sweet, pretty and girly as a strawberry.

We’ll miss the wonderful times spent with you.

8. Mohit Kumar – Ice Cream Sundae

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

He is one of the coolest graphic designers that our team has had. We still haven’t been able to get over the Spoon notebooks.

Thus, this is for all the different shades and colours you bring together with your designing, just like an ice cream sundae.

9. Aakanksha Joshi – Singapuri Noodles

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

This one is on majority vote because she brings out the best of both worlds; be it her writing or editing, she manages to match our articles with International standards and also keep the Indianness alive, just like these noodles.

Thank you for always being there to answer our million queries. Your editorial board loves you, ma’am.

10. Shirin Bhasin – Cake

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

She is as sweet as a piece of cake.

Thank you for keeping all the writers motivated to write and submit their articles on time.

11. Arushi Sharma – Ferrero Rocher

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

Say hello to our Brand Talk expert. What better than this chocolate to describe her sweetness and awesomeness?

We all at UDelhi actually look up to your Brand Talk articles. Also, thank you for making Spoon Summit happen. We love you for that.

12. Yatin Arora – Mango

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

Mango, being our favourite but a seasonal fruit, is just like Yatin, who we mostly get to meet at some events but he is still our favourite among the lot.

Thank you for always being an immense support for the team and also an amazing photographer. We love you!

13. Kritika Narula – Chocolate Fudge

senior

Graphic By Namrata Satija

Kritika, whom we lovingly call the ‘Spoon Queen’, is no less than Chocolate Fudge to us. The homely and warm feeling that fudge gives is reciprocated by her for every new and old member.

Thank you for giving us Spoon in the first place and then thank you for being such a good leader, friend, and guide.

And last but not the least, Veenisha, Princi and Areeba are like a Four Leaf Clover to us – hard to find at meetings but very precious indeed.

We wish all these wonderful people good luck for their future!

Love,
Spoon Juniors