You made a visit to the Big Apple. You went to all the tourist spots, hit the local bars and took a whole load of photos that you uploaded onto every single social media site you have an account for. But maybe your time in New York City doesn’t have to come to an end when you leave. Here’s a list of obvious, and not so obvious, food gift ideas for you and your loved ones.

1. Momofuku’s birthday cake truffles

food gift

Photo by Spoon University on Instagram

Don’t be fooled by the name. You can pack these sprinkle-filled cake batter balls in your suitcase and eat them on just about any occasion. But, if you want to celebrate in style, here’s a link on how to order full size birthday cakes.

2. Magnolia Bakery’s Banana Pudding

food gift

Photo courtesy of thefauxmartha.com

Nobody goes to New York without popping into one (or all) of Magnolia’s three bakeries. Most people head for the obvious favorites: red velvet cupcakes, the hummingbird cake or any of their mini cheesecakes. But we’re not most people – we’re Spoonies. And what’s better to spoon up than with their famous, yet somewhat underrated, banana pudding? It’s light, it’s fluffy and the combination of bananas and Nilla Wafers makes for the perfect gift—if you don’t finish it off yourself first. Here’s a DIY version that takes just 5 mins to prep.

3. Baked by Melissa’s mini cupcakes

food gift

Photo courtesy of livecreatingyourself.com

We’ve all heard of Georgetown cupcakes or Sprinkles cupcake, but this list doesn’t have either of those. We’re going for something a little edgier and a lot more compact. These mini cupcakes, well known for their unique and creative flavors, are the perfect gift to give anyone with a sweet tooth who’s not into the 500+ calories in a regular cupcake. Each of the original flavors are fewer than 50 calories, so what are you waiting for? It’s a win-win.

4. Dominique Ansel’s Cronut™

food gift

Photo by Katya Simkhovich

One of the more obvious choices, the Cronut™ has become a signature stop for any foodie on tour of New York City. While other pastries in his bakery are just as mouthwatering, nothing says Dominique Ansel quite like his most famous creation. Be prepared to wake up super early though; we estimate that a 6-8am arrival time is best as most of the Cronuts™ are sold out by 9am.

5. Francois Payard Bakery’s Macarons

food gift

Photo courtesy of fatcateats.com

Upon arriving at the bakery you’ll be overwhelmed with difficult choices. Cakes, pastries or chocolates? To save time, we’ll give you a hint: macarons. While you can enjoy their famous ice-cream macaron sandwiches in-store, you can buy back their normal macarons as well. Flavors range from classic chocolate to more distinct flavors like blood orange.

6. Jacques Torres’s Hot Chocolate Mix

food gift

Photo courtesy of michigan.spoonuniversity.com

Almost everything in the shop is famous, be it truffles, chocolate chip cookies or caramels, but their classic hot chocolate mix perfectly combines gourmet and homemade all in one cup. Made from real chocolate, you can reminisce about your trip to New York over a cup or two with your friend; after all, sharing is caring.

7. Black and White Cookies from William Greenberg Desserts

food gift

Photo courtesy of wmgreenbergdesserts.com

There’s a reason these cookies are famous. The cookie itself has more of a cake texture while the frosting is sweet enough to knock your socks off and come running back for more. We’re pretty sure you’ll regret not buying more than you did so here’s a recipe in case you had a craving and wanted to make your own once you got home.

8. Levain Bakery’s Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies

food gift

Photo courtesy of Joseph Riley Land for uptownflavor.wordpress.com

There are a few cookies on this list but in our defense, when can you really have too many cookies in any situation? Answer: never. Levain’s bestseller is none other than the chocolate chip walnut cookie that The New York Times says, “may possibly be the largest, most divine chocolate chip cookies in Manhattan.”

9. Sarabeth’s Jams

food gift

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

You’ve heard of strawberry jam. You’ve heard of blueberry jam. But have you heard of raspberry orange or pineapple mango jam? How about strawberry kiwi ginger jam? We didn’t think so. Head on over to this award-winning shop, known for their legendary fruit spreads, and grab yourself a few jars.