Some of your favorite foods come from the weirdest families, take on the weirdest forms, and have the strangest back stories, yet I bet you don't even know most of them. The truth is, you don't even need to know, but I bet you'll get a kick out of these random (some, not so interesting) yet funny, facts. Read up!

1. Pringles

There was a lawsuit that took place trying to prove that Pringles are not really potato chips.

2. Cranberries 

If you can get your hands on a really ripe cranberry, try bouncing it like a bouncy ball. Word on the street is they're supposed to bounce sky high.

3. Ketchup

This one may lead you to question humanity but here it is: ketchup was used as medicine in the 1830s. (NO, thank you.)

4. Peanut Butter

Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the top of your mouth. (Yes, this is a real fear.)

5. Vinegar 

To be 100% honest, I'm not sure if I completely buy this one, but apparently vinegar has the power to melt pearls. So, ladies, keep your earrings out of vinegar's strong hands.

6. Bananas

Consuming bananas can actually help fight depression, so eat up (because why not)! 

7. Ice Cream

In the state of Kentucky, it is illegal to hold an ice cream cone in your back pocket. So all you Kentucky readers better drop that cone because you certainly can't save it for later.

8. Popcorn

In South Africa, it is more than common to roast up some good ol' termites and ants and call em' popcorn. Tourists in South Africa better watch out.

9. Fruit Snacks

Warning: If you love gushers and fruit roll-ups, skip to number 10.

Unfortunately, fruit snacks typically contain a "special ingredient" known as wax, which is similar to what they use to polish up your car (ew).

10. Fruit Loops

I apologize in advance to eight-year-old you, but no matter what color Fruit Loops you eat, they all taste the same.

11. SPAM

This one really had me stumped because I never knew what the mysterious SPAM ever was. SPAM is short for 'Spiced Ham.'

12. Popsicle

The popsicle was 'invented' by an eleven-year-old. Yes, this one is meant to make you feel badly about yourself. I mean, c'mon, what were you doing at age eleven?

13. Apples

Surprisingly enough, apples come from the the same family as roses do. A fruit + flower = cousins?

14. Chocolate

Chocolate was once used as a currency. Yup, this one makes sense. I mean, who doesn't love chocolate?

15. Hamburgers (McDonald's)

McDonald's sells 75 hamburgers every second of every day. Now that's a lotta' meat. 

16. Jelly Beans 

Women every day get shellac manicures, a shiny polish used to make sure it doesn't chip. Well... did you know that jelly beans are encoded in just that? No wonder they're so shiny.

17. Greek Yogurt

It may not taste as good as Yoplait or frozen yogurt, BUT greek yogurt has DOUBLE the amount of protein in it than all those other leading brands. So, walk past the Go-Gurts and grab the Chobani (it's worth it).

18. M&M's

M&M's stand for Mars & Murrie, the names of the two people who invented the chocolate candy. Poor Mars & Murrie didn't receive enough credit.

19. Honey

Honey is the only food that has an eternal shelf life. It will never rot or go bad as long as you live.

20. Peaches

Canned peaches were the first ever fruit to be consumed on the moon.

Random, I know, but I bet you'll never look at ketchup the same ever again. I hope you enjoyed reading and that this didn't ruin too many food groups for ya!