Real talk: I have yet to meet a single person who enjoys paying full price for something, especially us college students!

As a college student, food is one of the best and most common ways to gather, make memories, and spend time with the people you love the most. But it can be expensive at times. So if I can save money on food, I do it. There are so many ways now to get discounts and even free food by simply downloading an app. Here are some restaurants with insane rewards apps and one other app to get amazing discounts and free food. Enjoy!

1. Sonic

In my humble opinion, the Sonic app has the best deal. Are you ready for this? If you simply download their app and sign up, anytime you order on the app, you get half-price drinks! Famous for its creative and rather large beverages, Sonic’s deal is just too good to pass up.

It’s like the classic Sonic Happy Hour, except 24/7! What are you waiting for? Go download the Sonic app and start sippin!

2. Chick-fil-A

In the South, Chick-fil-A boasts the best nuggets, fries, and the kindest employees who never fail to brighten your day, there’s a reason the chain has a cult following. The chain also happens to have one of the best rewards apps out there!

All you have to do is download it either through the App Store or Google Play and then every time you order through their app or scan the QR code at checkout, you get points!

Here’s how it works: for every $1 you spend, you get 10 points and then you can redeem those points for free food! Some more perks are a treat on your birthday, random free entrees from your local Chick-fil-A just because, and other bonus gifts just for using their app. Another plus side: the app is totally free!

I use the Chick-fil-A app all the time during the semester because it not only gets you points, but it saves so much time ordering through the app and not having to wait! 

3. Chipotle

Four words: Free chips and guac! Need I say more?

There are so many perks of downloading the Chipotle app (either on the App Store or Google Play). On top of getting free chips & guac upon becoming a rewards member, you also get 10 points for every $1 spent. Not to mention, you get a fun birthday treat, and you can order ahead on the app! 

4. Chicken Salad Chick

If you haven’t tried Chicken Salad Chick, you are truly missing out! Their app gives what’s called “Craving Credits” and you get one point for every $1 you spend and rewards begin at 25 points! You just have to scan the barcode at check out or order through the app and start earning points to get free food, gear, plus a birthday meal, and so much more. 

5. Dunkin'

Of course, I had to throw in discounts for coffee because let’s be honest: 99.99% of us are fueled by caffeine (whether we’d like to admit it or not)!

You can download the Dunkin’ app for free on the App Store or Google Play and start reaping those rewards! Like many of the other rewards apps, you can order ahead super easily. For every $1 you spend, you get five points, which gets you awesome rewards later on. Plus, you get a free drink on your birthday, and you can even treat your friends and family and send a gift card through the app! 

6. Safe2Save

Safe2Save started in my good ole’ college town of College Station, TX! (Gig ‘Em!) I personally have used Safe2Save since my freshman year of college, and it’s gotten me an entire pizza, free coffee, and so much more from all of my favorite restaurants — all by simply not texting and driving.

How it works: It’s an app that you download on your phone and it rewards you for distracted-free driving with deals and free items from your favorite local restaurants!

Simply download the app, start driving, and once you get enough points, you can redeem them for a variety of free food and drinks at participating restaurants in your area. Safe2Save can be easily downloaded on the App Store or Google Play