While we’re always downloading apps on our iPhones for social media, music, email and news, let’s not forget about the thing we do every day — eat! Food apps can be extremely useful for college students, but there are many to choose from. Here are some free apps for every college student, from the carnivore to the herbivore, the gluten-free to the “gluten please!” and the pro chef to he or she who has delivery on speed dial.

Fooducate: Diet Tracker & Healthy Food Nutrition Scanner
Now your phone can help you with your diet. Not only does Fooducate track your calories and exercise, but it also helps you make healthy food choices. Scan a food item’s barcode and the app will give it a grade based on the nutrition facts and ingredients.

VeganYumYum Mobile
VeganYumYum provides a collection of vegan recipes from its online blog. You’ll find scrumptious recipes like blueberry waffles, potstickers and lavender shortbread.

food apps for your phone

Photo by Justin Shannin

Foodspotting
Two words: food porn. Foodspotting displays photos of dishes from restaurants near you, so your eye-gazing can turn into actual grazing.

Whole Foods Market Recipes
With this app, you can find recipes for any craving. It even tells you what you can make with the ingredients you already have. It’s perfect for finding a delicious way to combine those random ingredients you may have in your fridge or cabinet.

food apps for your phone

Photo by Justin Shannin

The Betty Crocker Mobile Cookbook
This app has 13,000 recipes at your disposal. Look up recipe ideas and cook away. It also has step-by-step instructional photos to ensure you’re following along flawlessly.

Eat24
Just like the GrubHub app, Eat24 allows you order delivery from restaurants near you right on your phone. Once you create an account, you can try something new or order the usual.

If you want to look more into food apps, visit toquemag.com, a food magazine that started yearly Food and Drink App Awards. There are 15 different categories including Best Food Locator, Best Spirits, Best Food Guide and Best Overall. Check it out!