As college students, we can feel the familiar craving for that one product at that very specific time. What’s the one satisfying salty snack or sweet treat on your mind at 1 a.m.? I’ll share a few of mine if you’re adventurous enough to give them a try.

1) Xtra Cheesy Pizza Goldfish

It does not exactly taste like pizza, but I can genuinely finish a whole bag in one sitting. It doesn’t taste like cheese either, but more like steak seasoning on goldfish, if that’s appetizing to you. Be brave!

2) Kasugai gummy mix

Growing up in an Asian family, I would always run to the candy aisle for the one snack I was allowed to get. These gummies are the sweetest, softest, most soul-warming comfort I’ve experienced in a candy since I was little. Although, you do not only have to go to an Asian supermarket to find them. They can be found at Walmart, Target locations, etc. My favorites are the strawberry and mango ones.

3) Ketchup Pringles

This option is more popular in other countries, but I'm fairly certain you can find some in the U.S. This one’s a little more controversial; the previous two recommendations are just unanimously agreed to be amazing. However, with ketchup Pringles, you either love them or hate them, but there is no in-between. Personally, I think they’re a unique changeup because I feel like the U.S. has a very strict binary on snacks-they’re either sweet or savory. These don’t taste exactly like ketchup, but they taste more like savory tomatoes, if that makes sense. Ketchup Pringles offer that satisfying medium between the two categories, and if they’re not your taste, at least you were brave enough to try them!

4) Garden Salsa Sunchips

This one’s a little more common, but if you know, you know. I also wanted to include a more comfortable option in case you’re not at the “pizza Goldfish” level. This specific flavor is so addictive. It’s a “bring-out-the-big-bowl” or “eat-straight-from-the-bag” type of situation. It’s savory, lime-y, and gradually builds up a comfortable heat the more you consume. This choice is my favorite option for a movie night. It pairs so well with any other snack in the room. Beautiful pick if you don’t know what to get.

5) Milka Chocolate

Like ketchup chips, this brand is more popular in Europe, but the U.S. carries it, too (I’m not a huge fan of milk chocolate; I’m more of a dark chocolate gal). Despite my preference, this brand has the smoothest, creamiest, most luxurious taste that I’ve tried, and I am a certified sweet tooth judge. The hazelnut version is my favorite, but honestly, any of its products are incredible and never fail to satisfy my sweet treat craving. 

Photo by Taras Chernus on Unsplash

Unsplash on unsplash