Every year, September 1st comes with a wave a excitement. Classes have begun, it gets dark earlier, and we are more than ready to trade our cut-off shorts for sweaters and booties. Although the official first day of fall isn't until September 22nd, the unofficial start of the new season begins when the month turns over from August to September.

Not only does this turn of the season mean colder temps, but it also means the beginning of Pumpkin Spice season.  If you're "basic" like me, you think that pumpkin spice is by far the best flavor around,  and can't get enough. Fall brings with it pumpkin spice mania, and it is absolutely amazing.  

Starbucks is the originator of this popular fad, with their wicked famous PSL. The PSL is easily one of their most popular drinks, and has people counting down the seconds until its release date each year. With the popularity of the PSL growing ever so quickly, pumpkin spice has taken over as one of the most popular flavors of food. It has quickly become a fall staple, and every major food producer has implemented it into their classic treats and sweets for the season.

Many people tend to stick to the more conventional pumpkin spice-flavored foods, but I want to open your eyes to the world of different, more unique pumpkin spice products. Lovers of pumpkin spice will not discriminate against these more out of the ordinary foods hitting the shelves this fall.

1. Pumpkin Spice Cheerios

As a grade school breakfast staple, Cheerios are a household name that almost everyone loves. Swap your Honey Nut Cheerios for pumpkin spice to start your day off on the right foot in true fall fashion.

2. Pumpkin Spice Kind Bars

These Kind Bars are the best way to get a quick fix of your favorite flavor on the go. With both caramel and pumpkin all in a little bar, your taste buds will forever thank you. 

3. Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese

Calling all bagel lovers: pumpkin spice cream cheese is now the perfect addition to your breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and whenever else you would want to eat a bagel (which is always). Slathering this on your carb-y circle of deliciousness is the perfect change up from boring ole cream cheese for the fall. 

4. Pumpkin Spice Almonds

These almonds are low-key the best of the bunch because they're not a sugary, carb filled snack. Just a handful of almonds will satisfy your savory snack cravings while also helping you maintain your summer bod for just a wee bit longer. 

5. Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix

Make your morning even better by making these delicious pancakes. And, in case you forgot how cheap Trader Joe's is, it'll only cost you $2.99. Throw some chocolate chips and a little maple syrup and you will for sure be transported to a world of falling leaves and hayrides. 

You're probably asking yourself if its socially acceptable to eat these snacks WHILE drinking a PSL. And the answer is hell yes. You only have a few months to enjoy these limited addition delicacies, so you better make the most of it. Now, as fast as you can, run to the nearest grocery store and stock-pile these pumpkin spice products before peppermint takes over.