The holidays are fast approaching, and that means the season of giving. But when you're being generous this year, remember to think about the people at the other end of the gift-- who is sewing those socks? Who's harvesting that chocolate? Buying Fairtrade America products can help ensure that the people producing your presents are fairly treated and fairly paid. To make your life a little easier, we've put together Fairtrade gifts for the whole family. 

1. For Dad: Kicking Horse Coffee

Impress Dad with some kick-ass coffee this Christmas by gifting him a bag of delicious, organic Kicking Horse Coffee. Pair it with a cute mug (or a French press if you’ve got the cash) for the ultimate gift that says: thank you for grilling in the summer, raking in the fall, shoveling snow in the winter, and cracking bad jokes all year round. 

2. For Mom: Fran's Chocolates 

Your mom changed your diapers and probably helped you through a lot of rough times; she deserves the best. These Fairtrade America certified and organic Gray & Smoked Salt Caramels are the perfect gift for her. 

3. For Younger Siblings: Tony's Chocolonely Chocolate Bars

They're kind of annoying, sure, and they somehow know all this new slang (and how are they taller than you!?!), but they deserve some sweet stocking stuffers, too. Pick up a couple of Tony's Chocolonely bars for them (and maybe one for yourself!). 

4. For Boyfriend/Girlfriend: Conscious Step Socks

Socks may not be the most glamorous gift, but they're warm and well appreciated, especially high quality Fairtrade America certified socks from Conscious Step, made with GOTS certified organic cotton. The best part? Conscious Step donates a portion of profits to well-established non-profits. Girlfriend loves reading? Get her Socks That Give Books. Boyfriend is a dog owner? How about Socks That Save Dogs?

5. For Best Friends: Endangered Species Chocolate Bars

Emma Cleland-Leighton

Get your friends something as unique and sophisticated as they are! Endangered Species Chocolate is Fairtrade America certified, and a portion of profits are donated to conservation efforts to protect endangered species. Check out the limited-edition holiday flavors, like vegan Peppermint Crunch + Dark Chocolate.

(Bonus) For Yourself: Navitas Organics Organic Cacao Powder

Emma Cleland-Leighton

You've just gotten everyone on your list the best gifts (and probably picked up a few nibbles for yourself). Why not unwind with homemade hot chocolate or fresh peppermint brownies made with Navitas Organics Organic Cacao powder? It's Fairtrade America certified, organic, and chock-full of magnesium and antioxidants. 

I'd like to thank the folks at Fairtrade America for sending a box of Fairtrade gifts to try out (and fall in love with)! If you want to win this box (for yourself, or to kickstart your gift-giving), you can enter the giveaway here.