Phi Delta Epsilon, Cornell’s chapter of the International Medical Fraternity, and the Cornell Vegan Society will be co-hosting the presentation, Combating Common Diseases with Food by Dr. Michael Greger, MD on Monday, March 3rd, 2014, at 6:00pm in Goldwin Smith Hall, room 132.

Dr. Greger is a Cornell Alumnus with a MD from Tufts University, a physician, author and an internationally recognized speaker on nutrition, food safety and public health issues. He  is a founding member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and has lectured at the Conference on World Affairs, testified before Congress and appeared on the Dr. Oz Show and The Colbert Report. In this presentation, Dr. Greger will introduce the top dozen reasons people visit doctors to highlight some of the latest research on how a healthy diet can affect some of the most common medical conditions.

The event is free and open to the public (also found here, on Facebook). A question and answer session will follow and snacks will be served, including Clif Builder bars, Primal Jerky, and Health Warrior Chia Bars.

Dr. Greger scours the world of nutrition-related research, as published in scientific journals, and brings that information to the public in short, easy to understand video segments which he publishes to his foundation’s website: nutritionfacts.org.  The site also includes the links to the original journal articles whenever possible so that the information can be sourced and accessed directly.

We are curious to know what exactly Dr. Greger has in store for us and to learn how we can eat our way to longevity. Stay tuned for a followup article reviewing and critiquing his presentation.