Ever have those moments when you’re seriously craving something and don’t want to leave your bed because it’s too cold or you’re just that lazy? Ever yell in frustration, “Why can’t someone just bring me this in bed?” It’s okay, we’ve all been there–some of us more than others–but someone finally answered our frustrated yells and developed the golden app for us lazy college students: Favor. Started in 2013, right here in Austin, Favor has become a raging success.

Untitled

Photo by Christin Urso

how

Photo courtesy of Favor

Favor is quite possibly the most amazing app ever invented. It’s the easiest thing to use and requires almost zero energy on your part. Once you’ve downloaded the app, all you do is type in what you want, and from where, and some awesome person in a blue tuxedo t-shirt will deliver it to your front door. What’s even more awesome is that you enter your credit card information one time and never have to enter it again. When the food arrives, you hit the “pay” button and enjoy.

Unlike other delivery services, Favor is inexpensive. You pay for your order, a flat $5 delivery fee and a tip! The suggested tip starts at $5 and increases with delivery distance and/or the cost of the item.

Even better yet, Favor is not only limited to food. A Favor runner can pick up anything from prescriptions, to groceries or even that special scarf you’ve wanted but were too lazy to get. I personally have used the app more times than I care to admit ordering things I don’t wish to confess (queso, burgers, more queso… I’ll stop there), and they always deliver it promptly. For all of you impatient people out there, you can track your runner’s status while they’re in the process of getting your order. And if you realize at the last minute that you forgot your favorite ranch dressing, don’t fret; you can text your runner and ask them to add it for you!

Untitled

Photo by Christin Urso

Favor just recently started running favors in the morning, so if you have a weird craving from somewhere far away (from your bed) like a HBCB, pancakes, breakfast tacos or fried chicken, Favor can pick it up for you while you relax in bed. Seriously, who doesn’t love breakfast in bed?

The only downside is when the same runner is assigned to you on multiple occasions and knows how many times you have favored that week. Things can get a little awkward, but it’s okay, they don’t judge, so Favor all you want.

Screen Shot 2014-02-12 at 12.16.50 PM

Photo by Christin Urso

Check out if favor can come to you!