You see it. You feel it. Orange and yellow are taking over the world. The temperature and the leaves are dropping as the daylight is slowly dwindling away. So enthralled by autumn that you missed the Evanston Farmers’ Market’s Fall Festival? Well, here are 9 pictures that will make you feel like you were there.
1. Sugarless jam means you can eat it straight out of the jar, right?
2.Those mealy Red Delicious dining hall apples getting old?
Take your pick of over 15 varieties.
3.Goat Cheese Dichotomy: that’s one class that’s not offered at NU.
4. Who cares if the Sriracha factory is closing?
Make your own Sriracha with local chilis. Only $1.50 a box!
5. These homemade pies are made daily, and they even come in small sizes so you won’t feel as bad about yourself when you’re scarfing down the whole thing…alone, on a Saturday night.
6. Delicious free samples of oil and vinegar.
The mixed berry vinaigrette and roasted garlic olive oil was a personal favorite.
7. Pumpkins are so last year.
Carve yourself a squash-o-lantern, or try this baked butternut squash recipe.
8.Feeling a vitamin K deficiency coming on?
Whip yourself up a green smoothie or some crispy kale chips using fresh and local veggies.
9. No-sugar-added has never tasted so sweet.
Literally. We were surprised at how sweet this concoction of apples, berries and water could be!