Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

It’s no secret Davis is known for it’s great Farmer’s Market, being ranked top 10 nationally multiple times, but did you know it has everything you need for a great date night? All it takes is a Saturday morning stroll to gather your ingredients for an impressive meal (especially for Valentine’s Day).

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Henry’s Bullfrog Bees selection of honey will start or finish any date with a perfect sweetness. Their honey would go great on top of one of the many apple varieties or paired with one of Nicascio Valley‘s cheeses. A personal favorite is the Formagella Brie and Orange Blossom honey (or Habeñero honey if you’re feeling adventurous).

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Bolani has a great selection of hummus and sauces; we highly recommend the lentil curry and artichoke hummus. If that doesn’t suit you, their flat breads would make a delicious and easily portable snack to take to the arboretum for a picnic-style outing.

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

If you’re craving carbs, Upper Crust Baking Co.‘s rosemary sea salt bread and Paster 42‘s oils and balsamic go together like bikes and Davis. Pasture 42’s Fig balsamic is a must have; it’s a hit of sweetness, followed by a tang, that finishes with a smooth fig flavor. Do a three-to-one ratio of Italian Olive Oil blend to balsamic, paired with Upper Crust’s rosemary sea salt bread. The earthy rosemary with sea salt harmonize with the playful, sweet tang of the balsamic (honestly this bread would be great with anything you could possibly imagine).

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Pasta Dave’s Fresh Pasta stand is where you’ll find the perfect base for your meal. He showcases a variety of high-quality products from agnolotti to spaghetti, and almost everything in between. Top this with any vegetable from a neighboring booth and you have a delicious pasta made from the best ingredients around. For meat lovers, top off your pasta with local meat from Skyelark Ranch. Their pork, lamb, and poultry are grass fed and pasture raised in  Capay Valley without any use of hormones or antibiotics.

Farmer's Market

Photo by Hana Brannigan

21 and older Heringer Estates has a specialty Farmer’s Market red blend of wine sold only at the booth or in their private tasting room. Their Hope’s Thread Blend is perfect fit for Heart Awareness month and Valentine’s day because a portion of the profits are donated to charity. Added bonus: you can taste three wines for three dollars at their booth.

Whether you and your date go to the Saturday farmer’s market on a tandem bike (or fly solo with your dog in a basket) you now have the ultimate ingredient guide for a ripe date night.