What's the first thing that comes into your mind when you hear the words 'vending machine?' I bet it's something along the lines of chips and candy bars, but your perspective on vending machines is about to change. Farmer's Fridge is revolutionizing standard vending machines by stocking their fridges with healthy, ready-to-eat meals that you can get in a matter of seconds. 

About Farmer's Fridge

Founded in 2013 by Luke Saunders, Farmer's Fridge is a Chicagoland based company that provides healthy meals from protein bowls to salads in a convenient little jar, great for busy adults. They pride themselves on providing high-quality and affordable food that's made by hand in Fulton Market district right here in Chicago. The ingredients for their meals come from carefully vetted sources, and they try to incorporate organic produce whenever possible.

They even donate all unsold fresh items to local food pantries, while food that has passed its expiration date is used for compost, which I think is absolutely amazing. In addition, every Farmer's Fridge jar is BPA free and 100% recyclable; there's even an on-site recycle bin near each Fridge.

Bowls & Soups

Breakfast Bowls: 

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and luckily for commuters like me, Farmer's Fridge provides some great breakfast choices. For mornings when you're craving something sweet, their Almond Butter Oats Bowl or Greek Yogurt & Granola Bowl are the perfect choice for a quick meal before your first class. If sweets don't do it for you, then maybe their Smoked Cheddar Breakfast Bowl is the one for you. Made with roasted sweet potatoes, savory cheddar cheese, red bell peppers, and topped with a red pepper hollandaise sauce, it's enough to make anyone want to get out of bed.

Lunch Bowls:

Healthy doesn't mean eating bags of kale, and Farmer's Fridge lunch bowls have shown that. Pick from a variety of colorful bowls like their Spinach Lentil Soup, Cauliflower Fried Rice Bowl, Mediterranean Bowl, and Sesame Cashew Noodle Bowl for a satisfying meal that has a bunch of hidden vegetables you won't even notice. Two of my personal favorites are their Southwest Quinoa Bowl and the Pesto Pasta Bowl. That's right, they even sell pasta. 

Salads and Sandwiches 

Salads might not sounds like most appealing meal for lunch but Farmer's Fridge salads are full of flavor and will keep you satisfied until dinner. They have a lot of delicious options to choose from that include their Smoked Cheddar Cobb Salad, North Napa Salad, Greek Salad, Southwest Salad or a seasonal special, which all come with a handmade dressing packaged along with the meal. Which ever one you choose, you won't be disappointed. And if you're not in the mood for a salad, give one of their tasty sandwiches a try.

Snacks

Farmer's Fridge even sells freshly made snacks for customers who live for snacking. Whatever you're craving, there is definitely something for you. In the mood for something sweet? Try their Dark Chocolate Trail Mix or a fancy Pineapple Coconut Chia Pudding. Maybe you need a protein boost, in that case, purchase some white cheddar cheese or a hard boiled egg. And if you want something savory, then their Chips and Guac is calling your name. 

#SpoonTip: You can even purchase a side of protein – seasoned chicken, seasoned tofu, hard boil eggs, falafel, or white cheddar cheese – to add an extra boost of nutrients to any meal.

Farmer's Fridge is a fast growing company with over 200 smart Fridges. Unfortunately, you can't find one of these Fridges across the US just yet. They're mainly located across Chicago and Milwaukee, including O’Hare International Airport and Chicago’s Willis Tower. Forget about processed food and head over to a Farmer's Fridge vending machine for a meal that's not only healthy but also affordable and handmade. Don't forget to click on this link to get 50% off your first purchase.

#SpoonTip: Huge thank you to Farmer's Fridge for sending me free samples of their delicious meals to try. I'm absolutely obsessed, and stilling crossing my finger for a Farmer's Fridge on my campus.