To get into the fall spirit, enjoy these four fall desserts that are packed with autumn flavors like pumpkin, apple, maple, and cinnamon.

#1: Baked by Melissa's Halloween Cupcakes

You can always count on Baked by Melissa to nail the perfect dessert for each season. Their Monster Mash-Up is the ultimate cupcake assortment to get you excited for fall’s most anticipated holiday: Halloween. The 25-Pack includes flavors such as Bear-ied Alive, Spooky Tie-Dye, Chocolate Marshmallow, Green Eyed Monster, Black & White Cookie, and Chocolate Caramel Cookie. Be sure to order your Monster Mash-Up in time for Halloween!

#2: Trader Joe's Pumpkin Bread

As soon as the fall season begins, I race to Trader Joe’s to grab a box of pumpkin bread mix before they all fly off the shelves. Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread and Muffin Mix is both easy and delicious—just add eggs, oil, and water, and after baking, you have a generous loaf of fluffy pumpkin bread or delicious pumpkin muffins.

These baked treats have a subtle pumpkin flavor that is perfectly complemented by cinnamon and nutmeg. I also love to add chopped nuts or apples for extra flavor and texture. The best part is the fall-scented aroma that fills the air and attracts a crowd. After you serve them this pumpkin bread, they will be begging you for the recipe. They won’t believe you used a boxed mix! 

Emily Greiff

#3: Baked Cinnamon Apples

One of my favorite fall food staples is baked cinnamon apples—basically the inside of an apple pie! Peel and slice approximately four apples (preferably McIntosh), and then toss 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 2 tablespoons water, and 1 tablespoon butter in a bowl. Coat the apples with this mixture, and cook the dish for about 10 minutes.

Brown sugar-coated apple slices mixed with autumn spices are even better when served warm. Pair them with vanilla ice cream, and you have yourself the most delicious seasonal dessert! Check out this article if you're interested in cinnamon apple muffins, a different but equally delicious apple dessert!

#4: Carrot Muffins

Carrot muffins are the perfect way to kick-start the fall season! These easy muffins have a wholesome, mildly sweet flavor. Bake them in just a few steps and have muffins all week long.

- Dry Ingredients : 2 1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground ginger, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and 1/2 teaspoon salt

- Wet Ingredients: 1 bag shredded carrots, 1 mashed banana, 3 eggs, a splash of orange juice, and 1/2 cup sunflower oil

Steps:

1. Combine ingredients: wet in one bowl, dry in another.

2. Mix: Combine the wet and dry ingredients.

3. Bake: Scoop batter into prepared loaf pan or muffin tins.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, and you will have a healthier type of dessert that will fill the air with a delicious fall aroma!

With the cool breeze and falling leaves, welcome in the new season with these four fall desserts. Any of these sweet treats will capture the essence of fall in just one bite.