Fall is one of my favourite seasons - the leaves are changing, sweater weather is in full effect, but the best part of it all is the food. Fall has some of the best treats, and great seasonal finds such as apples, pumpkins, squash and more.

However, between Halloween, Thanksgiving, and pumpkin spice everything, it's easy to lose track of your diet. I'm sure we've all fell victim to having one too many slices of pumpkin pie, or indulging in an unhealthy amount of mashed potatoes

If you're like me, and love everything the season has to offer - except for all of the extra calories, then this ones for you. I promise these recipes will have you feeling cozy and #basic. You won't even remember apple pie exists. 

1. Pumpkin Protein Pancakes

sweet, pancake, berry, syrup, blueberry, blackberry
Malia Hu

These pancakes are exactly what you want to wake up to in the morning. They take less than 20 minutes to make, give you a protein boost, and they taste like fall. They also make for a great post-workout meal. 

2. Pumpkin Spice Granola 

cereal, wheat, corn
Maggie Gorman

This recipe is so easy and will definitely satisfy all your fall needs. It's packed with fibre-filled flaxseeds, vitamin-rich pumpkin seeds, and more. It is also sweetened with natural sweeteners like maple syrup and coconut oil. Say hello to your new favourite snack. 

3. Apple Chips

sweet, vegetable, candy
Sitong Chen

Replace your salty, fat-filled potato chips with these healthy apple chips. With only three ingredients, you have no excuse not to make these. Not to mention you'll feel a lot better after eating a tray of these bad boys.

4. Pumpkin Spice Brussel Sprouts 

vegetable, sprouts, brussels sprout, meat
Florence Ma

I know what you're thinking. Pumpkin spice? Brussels sprouts? Gross. But, consider this a new way to eat those greens you hated so much as a kid. Get every great health benefit Brussels sprouts have to offer with a daily dose of fall. 

5. Healthy Apple Walnut Tart

sweet, meat
Mary Schoneman

Say goodbye to regular ol' apple pie, and hello to this new healthier version. Instead of a typical sugary-carb filled crust, this tart uses ground walnuts, maple syrup, coconut oil and cinnamon. Yum. 

6. Spaghetti Squash

sweet, vegetable, bread
Malia Hu

Calling all pasta lovers! Squash is an easily forgotten fall find, however this recipe is not. Ditch your carb-filled, calorie-packed noodles  for this diet-friendly, low-carb option. With only 40 calories per cup, spaghetti squash will leave you feeling full and satisfied - without all the bloating. 

7. Vegan Sweet Potato Brownies

chocolate, sweet, cake, pastry, cream, candy
Lily Lu

This recipe is vegan, paleo and sugar-free - what more could you ask for? Sweet potatoes are in their prime right now, and are packed with fibre, vitamins, and other nutrients. Although brownies may not be your first thought when you think of "fall," don't let these be dismissed. 

8. Butternut Squash Mash

pasture, vegetable, squash, pumpkin, gourd
Becky Hughes

Butternut squash just tastes like Thanksgiving. This mash will bring you from your dorm, to your parents dinner table. Not to mention it's easy to make, and completely dorm-friendly. You can thank me later. 

9. Chocolate Beet Truffles

chocolate, sweet, cake, cream, candy, pastry, pie, brownie
Helena Lin

Beets are yet another great fall find. They're a great source of vitamins, calcium, iron, and antioxidants. This recipe turns an underrated fall vegetable into a guilt-free treat. 

10. Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars

sweet, honey
Parisa Soraya

This one takes your easy pumpkin spice granola to the next level by turning it into a healthy and filling snack. Not only are these the perfect pumpkin-fix, but they're also vegan and gluten-free. 

11. Cauliflower Soup

soup, vegetable, cream, parsley, bread, herb
Maxwell Faucher

Soup is the ultimate fall comfort food. There is nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup on a cold and rainy fall day. This soup is hearty, flavourful, and a not-so-typical way of using cauliflower. Cauliflower is a great source of fibre, vitamin C, vitamin K, protein, phosphorus and magnesium. 

Get a hold of these amazing fall ingredients before we descend into winter. Most of these vegetables can serve as entire meals and can be incorporated into multiple recipes. Just because midterms are beating you up, it doesn't mean this fall can't be your healthiest one yet.