Whether you’re looking to carve a pumpkin, go on a hayride, pick up a new hobby, or finally try some apple cider, Michigan is filled with fun, fall-themed activities for you and your friends this season.

Ann Arbor Farmers’ Market

fall

Photo by Daniel Wu

Located in the Kerrytown district, the Ann Arbor Farmers’ Market is a “producer-only market”. This means that everything sold is locally crafted. They’re open year-round, and can supply you with fresh produce, handmade goods, prepared foods, baked goods, and seasonal plants, like pumpkins! It’s a perfectly quaint and nearby market to check out this autumn. Customers are able to stroll around the different booths, and there is no greater deed than buying local!

315 Detroit St
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104

Wiard’s Cider Mill and Apple Orchard

fall

Photo by Kelly Ho

This cider mill is located right in nearby Ypsilanti Township, and offers a ton of fun events and treats. There is a “u-pick” apple orchard, as well as a “u-pick” pumpkin patch. Visitors can walk through the corn maze, or hop on a hayride. For the Halloween enthusiast, Wiards offers the Haunted Thrill Park, “Night Terrors”(…or some miniature golf for the more athletic/easily frightened friend). The petting zoo is open, and offers pony rides as well! With so much to do, this is a great day trip for a bigger group.

5565 Merritt Rd,
Ypsilanti, MI 48197

“Paint and Pour Underground”

In Ann Arbor, fall means that we don’t have to cringe and face below zero temperatures each time we exit our house. While it’s not quite time yet for the obnoxiously long parka coat, there’s no excuse to not check out “Paint and Pour Underground”. Located on South Main Street, P&P offers art classes, with “frequent sip breaks” for wine. The combination of painting, and pouring, is a relaxing fun activity (and it’s still warm enough to walk to.)
air max sneakers
220 South Main Street,
Ann Arbor, MI, 48104