You may or may not have heard of the company Advocare. Their mission is to give people a jump start on weight loss while doing it in the most healthy way. Many other diet regimens require cutting down food intake to almost nothing, but Advocare is the complete opposite. An increase in clean and natural eating will get that individual the best results. It can be extremely difficult to want to give up sweets, fried food, alcohol, and even dairy, but a little bit goes a long way and you will start to get used to eating clean. Advocare tries to make this process as easy for you as possible, but what I learned after partaking in this is that it truly comes from within. Anyone can tell you to eat healthy and you can wish your weight away, but if you take no action no results will show. I could really feel and tell the difference when it was over; even my family was impressed and noticed that it gave me real results in a short amount of time. But this was because I worked hard not because I snapped my fingers and hoped it would be effective.

Advocare

photo courtesy of 123rf.com

It actually works if you truly have the mindset. It helps prepare you for doing it on your own during school or even pgl. The fiber powder and supplements provided give you a head start for your eating during the day.  They do not have the best flavoring but mixing in a small splash of orange juice with the large amount of water can make it taste better if you really cannot handle the taste. An Advocare representative helps you along the way (daily check-ins and tips, provides you with directions and a small food list as an example). They do not push you or get upset with you if you something wrong.  Instead, they will give you advice on what you could eat instead or a healthier replacement for the granola bar that is filled with sugar. (A kind bar is a healthier alternative).

Advocare

photo courtesy of eatthis.com

The 10-Day Cleanse is a small taste (pun intended) of what the 24-Day cleanse will be like. It is a lot of work and nothing about it is easy. I had to push myself but I am extremely proud that I did. It definitely was a bit of a challenge when I finished the 10 days to try and eat healthy without the supplements and fiber powder, especially since it ended right when the school year was starting. There are so many distractions of unhealthy food everywhere at school, but I was able to food shop healthier, make substitutions when necessary, and go to the gym more often. I definitely felt a difference between more processed foods and more leaner foods. The whole point of this cleanse is so you can eventually make better choices on your own and not with the help of a supplement or powder. I tried not to be too hard on myself after the cleanse if I ate badly or could not make it to the gym, and I had to remind myself I am only human and can always make a change when I want to. One fried meal or that extra scoop of ice cream is not going to make you gain a lot of weight in one sitting; if you eat like that every day then you would probably have a problem. Eat in moderation and reward yourself at the end of a long week or after a hard exam.

Advocare

Photo courtesy of danielle_goldstein on instagram

At the end of the day it is all about loving yourself and knowing that everyone is built in all shapes and sizes. Advocare has their clients’ best interests at heart and I think it is a great way to start on the healthy lifestyle path because you can go at your own pace.