Whether it be health and wellness, emerging cuisines, or entertainment, aspects of consumer lifestyle are constantly shifting to accommodate personal needs and new priorities. In the world of modern consumption and people managing an on-the-go lifestyle, it's important to stop and remember to take care of your body by providing it with the necessary nutrients to maintain our hectic lives. This is why the invention of raw salad vending machines are society's step in the right direction, and an everyday consumer's new best friend.  

What is Portions?

Montreal-based food startup and restaurant Portions, co-founded by Aaron and Ryan Hutman, is proud to have delivered a conveniently packaged and readily accessible food option to busy, health conscious professionals. Ensuring freshness, each jarred salad meal offered by Portions has a four to five day shelf life and is packaged in sustainable glass containers. Restocked frequently and made fresh daily at sunrise, Portions' vending machines are ideal for corporate buildings and office spaces looking to provide employees with an alternative to traditional fast food options. 

These meals are not only healthy and filled with carefully selected ingredients to nourish the mind and body, but they are eco-friendly as well. Portions' vending machines are made from other vending machines that have been refurbished to avoid waste. Their large 22-inch touchscreen makes ordering a breeze, and receipts are emailed straight to your inbox to reduce the carbon footprint. Local Canadian companies also supply Portions with PET recycled jars and corn-based cutlery. Old jars are encouraged to be recycled in Portions' kiosk drop box for pickup the following day.

#SpoonTip: To all those foodies living in the Montreal area, Portions' vending machines (they call them "Frigos") accept all major credit cards.

Menu Options

With a large selection of salads to choose from, including a Kale Caesar Salad, Asian Sensation, and The California salads, Portions leaves everyone satisfied. The menu is seems suitable for everyone's individual liking and dietary needs. 

Just when you thought these vending machines couldn't get any better, they introduced power meals, snacks, drinks, breakfasts, and desserts. All, of course, come in recycled containers and are served/vended at various Portions restaurants and Frigos throughout the Montreal area. Their broad and diverse Power Meal Menu, containing recipes like the Chicken Burrito Bowl, Falafel Supreme, and Mexican Quinoa Salad are perfect to grab on the go or if you're ever craving a quick, healthy, and nutritious meal. Pictured below is the Vegan chili power meal. 

Their snack menu is great after an intense gym session, too. Many of the products are filled with protein that will give you energy for the remainder of the day post-workout. The hummus and freshly made pita chips, roasted honey almonds, or energy balls, made with dates, sunflower seeds, and non-dairy chocolate chips, are the perfect snack to bring on a long hike, as the containers are portable and easy to fit in any sized backpack. 

Portions' breakfast and desserts menu has a ton of delicious and well-balanced options that check off every category in the food pyramid, including fruits and protein. The Berry Parfait and Mango Chia Pudding are great options for when you're running late for work and haven't gotten the chance to eat and enjoy the most important meal of the day. 

If you're not located close to one of many Portions vending machines, have no fear, because their restaurant locations have teamed up with UberEats to deliver fresh and healthy meals right to your doorstep. So don't miss out or waste any time, find out if Portions delivers near you.

It's important to remember to take care of your body by filling it with healthy and nutritious ingredients, no matter where you are or the lifestyle you lead. Portions' meals can help you maintain a balanced diet and recharge your body throughout a long day's work. So don't miss out on these delicious and fulfilling meals. Find the nearest Portions frigo or restaraunt location in your area, and get eating.