Oh cookie dough. What delectable sweetness. A friend in times of need. Arguably better than the cookie itself.

Compiled here is a list of trustworthy websites in which to make your next delicious edible cookie dough purchase. From classic flavors like Chocolate Chip to even Gingerbread and S’more Pumpkin and other funky iterations, these sites ship nationwide so you can get your cookie dough fix whenever. A few of them even offer their products in a few retail outlets around the country. All three brands house gluten free cookie dough options as well. You’re welcome.

Featured here are six different and divine cookie dough flavors from three sources – The Cookie Dough Cafe, Edoughble and Unbaked Bar. None of these doughs are meant to be baked but are only to be enjoyed in their pure, raw form which is 100 percent safe to eat.

The Cookie Dough Cafe

cookie dough

Photo courtesy of The Cookie Dough Cafe

The dough

The Cookie Dough Cafe is known particularly for its Chocolate Chip, Cookies ‘n Cream and Monster – a combo of natural peanut butter and oats, loaded with chocolate chips and M&M’s. Their dough contains no egg and is gluten- and preservative-free.

Thoughts

I personally found the dough from The Cookie Dough Cafe to be the creamiest and best-preserved over a longer period of time whether refrigerated or not. The chocolate chip cookie dough is perfectly textured and it comes in the biggest container (16 ounces) – always a plus.

To buy

In addition to ordering dough online from The Cookie Dough Cafe, you can find their products in several retail supermarkets such as Bristol Farms, 7Eleven, Kroger and Gelson’s.

Edoughble

cookie dough

Photo courtesy of @itsedoughble on Instagram

The dough

Edoughble also does not use eggs, preservatives or artificial sweeteners in their products. Founded by a husband and wife team, this business boasts the most diverse flavors. Their classics include Cookie and Dream, and S’more Please, as well as the seasonal Pumpkin S’more flavor. Other great flavors from Edoughble include Lady in Red Velvet Chip, Nutty Monkey, and Birthday Bash.

Thoughts

S’more Please was one of my personal favorites – anything that combines cinnamon graham crackers, Belgian dark chocolate, and vegan marshmallows in cookie dough is absolutely genius. For a little something extra this winter, the seasonal Pumpkin S’more flavor really pops off with a little nutmeg and cinnamon kick. Cookie and Dream consists of homemade organic vanilla frosting, applesauce and dark chocolate wafer crumbles that together form a match made in heaven.

Edoughble dough tastes best when not refrigerated for a little while, in order to retain that gooey, soft texture that makes cookie dough so darn good.

To buy

Their products can be bought online in cups for $8-9 on the Edoughble website and in several retail stores like Bristol Farms. Want to save some “dough” in the long run? (pun intended). Edoughble offers gift box deals and 3-6 month subscriptions ranging from $30-135 for those of you who can’t get enough of this sumptuousness.

Unbaked Bar

cookie dough

Photo Courtesy of @unbakedbar on Instagram

The dough

Unbaked Bar is an LA-based business that provides egg-less and heat-treated dough and is currently doing a “Buy Two, Get One Free” sale so hop on it! Also a connoisseur of novelty, Unbaked Bar specializes in explosive and decadent flavors like Chocolate Chip Madness, Cookie Crunch, Grandma’s House, and Monster.

Thoughts

Unbaked definitely has the most varied flavors on their website. I tried their seasonal Apple Pie flavor which tasted just as you would expect it to, however, the dough was a little on the hard side when refrigerated. The seasonal gingerbread flavor was also tasty and innovative but the hard texture threw off the experience a bit. Best eaten on the day of delivery. Who even puts away cookie dough in the fridge instead of gobbling it straight down?

To buy

You can order $8-9 cups on the Unbaked Bar website. They even have customized half and full pint containers for $8 and $12 so that you can sample from several flavors. The 1-12 month subscription packs range from $23.40 to $216 and include free shipping.

Edible cookie dough that can be ordered online makes a great gift for a friend or is just what you need for those movie nights in if you need a new snack idea and popcorn is starting to get old. You won’t regret it.