With fall finally here, I’ve pulled out all of my coziest sweaters and am ready to embark on some local outdoor adventures. From day hiking trips or weekend camping (read: glamping) trips, there is some prep involved. But lucky for you, our Spoon HQ team put our heads together to come up with the ultimate packing list for all of your outdoor escapades, and of course, it centers around food. So get ready to pack up and have a delicious, and totally ‘Gramable, outdoor experience.

Food & Drink -

Doing really anything outside can work up an appetite. So no matter what outdoor adventure you’re planning, make sure you’re stocked with whatever you can carry. Pro Tip: with Tasty Bite Organic & all-natural products, you can bring flavor to the trail with their ready to eat entrees and rice. They can be eaten as is or heated up over a campfire in a pot or in a cast iron pan.

Flint striker

Reusable water bottle

Campfire safe pots and/or pans

Cooking utensils

Cooler

Pot scrubber/sponge

Dish soap

Reusable spork

Reusable bowls/cups

Tasty Bite Organic Madras Lentils

Tasty Bite Organic Channa Masala

Tasty Bite Organic Basmati Rice

Trail mix

Granola bars

Marshmallows

Graham crackers

Chocolate bars

Electrolyte drink powder

Photo by Madeleine Bokan

Clothes & Accessories -

In most parts of the country, layers are absolutely key when it comes to fall. If you’re planning ahead for any possible weather changes (or if you’re just a messy eater, like me), here are some of the items you should consider packing for your local day or weekend trip.

Hiking boots

Quarter-zip jacket

Rain jacket

Extra socks

Baseball cap

Waterwhicking leggings

Sunglasses

Fanny pack

Backpack

Mask/bandana

Photo by Madeleine Bokan

Miscellaneous -

A visit to any outdoor store, IRL or online, will show you how many amazing products exist to make your adventure easier. Here are a few of our favorites that you can’t adventure without!

First aid kit

Flashlight

Antibacterial wipes

Hand sanitizer

Tent

Toiletries

Sleeping bag

Multi-tool

Hammock

Bug spray

Sunscreen

We’d love to see what you’re cooking on your outdoor adventures, so tag us at @tastybite and @spoonuniversity on Instagram.