Chipotle; it's safe to say that they're a leader when it comes to ordering and consuming fast casual food that in comparison to other restaurants, is affordable. In terms of new products launched by the company, they've recently come out with Queso Blanco for us all to try, and I'm here to share the details on it all.

The ABC's of Queso Blanco

rice, chicken, burrito
Heather Harris

Queso Blanco is the third new menu item that has completed Chipotle’s “stage-gate process,” which allows the company to test, listen to customer feedback, and iterate extensively before moving forward with a national launch. The new recipe uses 13 real ingredients, including aged Monterey Jack, white cheddar, and serrano, poblano and chipotle peppers, to create a smooth queso with just the right amount of spicy kick. As with all of Chipotle’s food, Queso Blanco is made with no artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. Beginning tomorrow, Queso Blanco will replace the current queso on the Chipotle menu.

“Feedback on Queso Blanco in the test markets (which include Dallas, Detroit and San Diego) exceeded our expectations and it quickly became clear that we needed to give all of our guests access to this delicious queso,” said Chris Brandt, Chief Marketing Officer at Chipotle. “Our culinary team perfected a recipe of real, responsibly sourced ingredients, helping to advance our mission of Cultivating a Better World.”

Since Chipotle has a new queso in town known as Queso Blanco, it's time to head over to your local Chipotle to try it out for yourself before calling it juice like some people have done in the past with the original queso launch.