Evanston’s wide variety of coffee shops offers Northwestern students cozy alternatives to typical library study spots. Because each cafe cultivates a specific experience, it can be tricky to pinpoint which one fulfills your individual needs. Take this quiz to find out which cafe best suits you!

1. Which Northwestern undergraduate school or college are you in? 

a) Bienen School of Music

b) School of Education and Social Policy

c) School of Communication

d) McCormick School of Engineering

e) Medill School of Journalism, Media, Integrated Marketing Communications

f) Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences 

2. Favorite study spot on campus?

a) Norbucks

b) Deering Library

c) Mudd Library

d) The Kellogg Global Hub

e) University Library

f) Your dorm

3. What time of the day are you most productive? 

a) Early morning: 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

b) Lunch time: 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

c) Brunch time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.

d) Afternoon: 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

e) Evening: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

f) Late night: after 9:00 p.m.

4. What is your favorite beverage to order at a cafe?

a) A latte

b) A cappuccino

c) A smoothie

d) A matcha latte

e) A chai Latte

f)  A cup of cold brew 

5. What is your ideal Sunday morning?

a) An early morning trip to Chicago 

b) Coffee to-go and a television show or movie in bed

c) Brunch with friends

d) An early morning workout 

e) Homemade breakfast 

f) Sleeping in past 12:00 p.m. 

6. Choose a breakfast food: 

a) Bagel 

b) Croissant 

c) An omelet  

d) Avocado toast 

e) Breakfast burrito 

f) Lemon loaf 

Results!

If you got mostly A’s, you are Dollop General Store & Cafe! You don't mind walking a bit south for a freshly roasted cup of coffee and in-house laminated dough! You even take advantage of Dollop General Store & Cafe's cafe/store combination, picking up a few snacks during your visit. You also appreciate Dollop's sustainable approach to coffee, as they compost their coffee cups and limit their food waste!

Saya Shamdasani

If you got mostly B’s, you are Patisserie Coralie! You like to escape Evanston with PatisserieCoralie's French-inspired cafe decorations and ambiance. While seated in their wooden cafe chairs, you enjoy their warm croissants and baguette sandwiches, imagining you're on the streets of Paris.

Saya Shamdasani

If you got mostly C’s, you are Cupitol Coffee & EateryYou enjoy a hearty meal with your beverage of choice. You can spend hours at Cupitol with your friends over brunch, enjoying the cafe's breakfast sandwiches, omelets, buttermilk pancakes, brioche french toast and more.

Saya Shamdasani

If you got mostly D’s you are Newport Coffee HouseYou like the clean aesthetic of Newport Coffee House, and their matcha latte always brightens your day. But, given their one-hour per table rule, you don't tend to stay for too long, often taking your latte to-go.

Saya Shamdasani

If you got mostly E’s, you are Colectivo CoffeeYou appreciate the Evanston staple, which was initially a soda fountain in the 1960's. You can spend hours seated at Colectivo's tables, basking in the sunlight that pours through the cafe's tall windows and the bohemian feel of the plants that hang from the ceiling.

Saya Shamdasani

If you got mostly F’s, you are StarbucksYou like to stick to the classics, and there is nothing wrong with that. You enjoy Starbucks' excessive table space while you study and sip on one of many beverage offerings: tea, cold brew, chai or matcha.