After your workout at the gym, skip the protein bars and shakes and grab a spoon and a pint of ice cream. You may be asking yourself, "A pint of ice cream? Why would I waste all the sweat and calories I just burned from the treadmill?". The answer is: YOU WON'T! Enlightened Ice Cream is a low calorie ice cream that has focused on creating a treat that is both indulgent for your taste buds and good for your body.

Each ENTIRE pint of ice cream has between 240-360 calories and 24-28 grams of protein. This makes each individual serving 60-90 calories with 6-7 grams of protein. The tubs are perfect for your binge eating nights in front of Netflix.

coffee
Mary Kate Phelan

Not only is the protein content high, but each serving has only 3 grams of sugar. That is less than half the amount of sugar content in a cup of strawberries! Let me tell you, substituting my fruits for ice cream does not sound like the worst idea...

Just in time for Valentine's Day, Enlightened is releasing new #lit flavors for their ice cream fanatic fans! We decided to check out these flavors for ourselves and see if it's possible to eat ice cream guilt free. This is what we thought...

1. Birthday Cake

There is nothing better than eating 2 desserts in one: ice cream and BIRTHDAY CAKE... for 1/100 of the calories! This rich vanilla ice cream is jam packed with hundreds of bright colorful sprinkles, adding a slight crunch to the smooth texture. Like Katy Perry says, "everyday is your birthday" (with this ice cream).

2. Black Cherry Chocolate Chip

Looking for a quick fix for your chocolate cravings? The Black Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is guaranteed to do the trick! This pint is loaded with dark chocolate chunks, a perfect addition to the tart and sweet black cherry chunks. The indulgence of the chocolate paired with the sugary cherry definitely made do a double take when seeing it only contains 90 calories a serving!

3. Cold Brew Coffee

But first, coffee. This coffee ice cream is guaranteed to brew up a storm in your mouth! The cool caffeinated ice cream tastes so similar to a cup of coffee that you might as well substitute your hot drink for a pint of this ice cream. That being said, this pint is not to only be enjoyed by the "coffee lovers". The subtle, yet prevalent coffee bean, balances with the sweet cream, creating a refreshing and delectable flavor.    

4. Red Velvet

How is it humanly possible to incorporate cream cheese frosting and a red velvet cupcake into a pint of ice cream? Well, Enlightened succeeded in doing so. If you love rich, decadent ice cream, this is surely the flavor for you. This pint packs in a punch of sweetness and will surely satisfy your sugar cravings.

5. Strawberry Cheesecake

Barely holding on to your 2017 New Year's resolution to eat healthier? Craving Ben & Jerry's strawberry cheesecake ice cream? Push away the 1,040 calorie pint and opt for this 280 calorie Enlightened carton! This creamy "cheesecake inspired" ice cream is swirled with ribbons of strawberry preserves, making it taste like a piece of 1000 calorie cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory.

Moral of the story: ice cream doesn't have to be thousands of calories to be enjoyed! Check out Enlightened's, AKA "the good for you ice cream", new flavors the next time you need to eat your feelings with a pint of ice cream.