The semester is almost over, which means two things: finals and way too many meal points. Recently, Huffington Post wrote an article on the best foods to eat when stressed, many of which are available at various dining locations on campus. Here’s a quick guide to help you optimize the last of your meal points and cope with the end-of-the-semester stress.

Smoothies from GBC (Golden Bear Café)

de-stress

Photo by Irene Kim

The GBC is arguably the most conveniently located café on campus and has a wide variety of items that often go unnoticed. For a quick snack to take on your way to class, the Oh Kale! smoothie by Freshens or the new Kale Blazer Naked Juice are a great source of greens which help to produce more dopamine, ensuring that you will stay calmer and happier throughout your day. Additionally, one of the best things about GBC is the fresh fruits sold in front of the entrance. Next time you walk by, be sure to grab some blueberries to take with you to snack on. These little berries pack a lot of antioxidants that will help your body’s defense mechanisms combat any stress-related radicals.

Nuts and dried fruit from Bear Market

de-stress

Photo by Irene Kim

The Bear Market in Unit 3 is the perfect convenience shop and has almost all of our needed essentials. It has an assortment of nuts, dried fruits and chocolate, making it extremely easy to make your own trail mix on the go. Feel free to combine your trail mix with yogurt or try one of the single servings of oatmeal for a nutritious breakfast. These all work to lower blood pressure and fight bacteria that contribute to high levels of stress.

Customized sandwiches from Ramona’s

de-stress

Photo by Irene Kim

Ramona’s serves one of the fastest and highest quality lunches on campus. You can custom order any panini that will be made in minutes even when the line is long. Next time, go for whole wheat and add turkey and guacamole for a healthy and stress-relieving sandwich.

Though it may be hard sometimes, maintaining a regular eating schedule is key to getting through stressful times. With these quick tips, we hope that that you’ll be able to make a good use of your meal points and stay calm throughout this last stretch of the semester.

If you’re still feeling stressed about exams, check out these articles for more guidance: