Elenita is a canned mezcal that’s crafted from 100% Agave Espadín, distilled in Oaxaca. This mezcal is bold, authentic, and mildly unexpected. Elenita packs the perfect punch of natural juices, sparkling water, and the iconic smokey mezcal nectar. Giving you the perfectly balanced cocktail that’s ready to go with you wherever you go. It also comes in two bold flavors, Cucumber Lime Basil, and Pineapple Jalapeno.

The California-based company was founded by friends and classmates Jordan Dil and Mikel Noriega during their MBA at UCLA Anderson. Looking to break out of the traditional corporate mold, and follow a less-traveled entrepreneurial path, they were inspired by their love of mezcal to create something new and special. On their trips to Oaxaca and Mexico City, the two, along with friends, immersed themselves in the world of mezcal and experienced the entirety of its mysticism, and soon after, Elenita was born.

Do you know the difference between mezcal and tequila? Both tequila and mezcal are produced from the agave plant, but tequila can only be produced from one type of agave, Blue Weber agave, while mezcal can be produced from any of the more than 30 agave varietals. In short, tequila is mezcal but mezcal is not tequila. Most importantly, while most tequilas are mass-produced, mezcal is artisanal. This process gives it a much more complex flavor profile and in particular, its most noticeable characteristic is smokiness.  Grab your own Elenita here.