Cooking for myself more often has made me realize that eggs are a sweet, sweet gift from above. Their versatility, easiness and downright deliciousness make them one of my favorite foods, not to mention their ridiculous health benefits.

Authority Nutrition says that eggs are one of the most nutritious foods on Earth, containing a little bit of every nutrient we need. It makes sense when you think about how one egg has all required nutrients to turn a single cell into a chicken. Mind blowing, I know.

Contrary to what many believe, eggs have not been shown to raise LDL cholesterol, but instead increase HDL cholesterol (the good kind). So eat the yolks people! No more egg white nonsense please. A Huffington Post article also says that yolks contain omega-3 fatty acids and the B-complex vitamin, choline. Choline is associated with increases brain function and reduced inflammation.

Another reason to love eggs is that they are high in protein, helping to repair old tissues in the body. Additionally, higher protein foods can help promote weight loss by keeping you fuller for longer. One study showed that eggs with toast have a 50% higher satiety index than breakfast cereals. So tell your Captain Crunch to move over and introduce him to eggs, your new breakfast BFF.

Eggs are extremely versatile, allowing them to be consumed at any time of the day. Here are some different ways to enjoy eggs:

Scrambled like these Chinese scrambled eggs with tomato .

Eggs

photo by Nancy Chen

Put an egg in your sandwich, and try this recipe to cure your hangover.

Eggs

photo by Amanda Gajdosik

On a piece of toast with avocado, a simple and quick snack like this.

Eggs

photo by Amanda Schulman

Eggs go great in soup with this ginger curry egg drop soup. 

Eggs

photo by Julia Maguire

Hardboiled eggs are great for a quick snack. Use this guide to make the perfect hardboiled egg. 

Eggs

photo by Justin Shannin

With fried rice like this Thai rice with garlic green beans and fried eggs

Eggs

photo by Bonnie Wu

Bake eggs in a muffin pan and make a mini breakfast frittata.

Eggs

photo courtesy of Eugene

Try this bacon and leek quiche.

Eggs

photo by Veronique Huynh

Try this fontina frittata

Eggs

photo by Maddie Wilmes

Baked on top of avocado like this easy recipe.

Eggs

photo by Lauren Feld

Microwave your eggs using this egg scramble recipe when you’re pressed for time.

Eggs

photo by Parisa Soraya