We've all been there: stuck in the library past midnight, snacking on hot Cheetos and Oreos, buzzed by cold brew coffee, and dehydrated. Also known as finals season. Our studying takes priority, and our eating takes a backseat. While it can be easy to neglect your health during finals season, I'm here to give you six easy tips to make your life a little easier during this stressful time! Without further ado, here is "A College Student's Guide to Eating During Finals Week."

Tip No. 1: Always Eat Breakfast 

I may be slightly biased, but as a huge breakfast lover, you must eat breakfast every day! No matter how late you wake up, starting the day with nutritious food is extremely important! Try eating granola and yogurt with chopped-up fruit, eggs on toast, or oatmeal when you wake up. It will fuel your body with all the nutrients you need for a full day of studying. Trust me; you don't want to be sitting in the reading room while your stomach rumbles (been there, done that). Check out my 7 easy dorm room breakfasts that will knock your socks off for some quick and easy breakfasts you can make to fuel up! 

Tip No. 2: Follow A Meal Plan 

At the beginning of the week, sit down for a few minutes and plan your meals. According to your schedule, you can decide when you'll eat at the dining hall, grab lunch to-go or bring something from home. Whatever you decide, it is important to make time for your meals. That way, you ensure no meals are skipped because you forgot to pack lunch. Try to balance eating out and eating homemade foods for a nutritious diet. I also have a list of 7 easy dorm room dinners that will knock your socks off that you can prepare after a long day of studying. 

Tip No. 3: Pack Healthy Snacks 

Snacking throughout the day is a great way to sustain your energy levels. Pack some healthy but tasty snacks in your backpack like granola bars, trail mix, whole fruit, energy balls, and cheese & crackers. Make sure to read the sugar content in the granola bars before you buy them; sometimes you can end up with a lot more sugar than you need. If you have the means, make your own granola bars at home. They are super quick and easy to make, and the best part is that they are customizable! Add in chopped dried fruit, nuts, and even some dark chocolate. A sustainable tip is to buy snacks in bulk and bring them to your study spot in small stasher bags, which you can reuse later! 

Tip No. 4: Have Your Five Servings Of Fruits and Veggies A Day

Eating five servings of fruits and veggies a day is not as intimidating as it seems. Check out these easy tips to incorporate them into your daily diet. Berries, especially, have a lot of nutritional value and are great brain foods to munch on while studying! You can make these easy yogurt-covered berries, pop them in your freezer-safe stasher bags, and throw them in your backpack for an afternoon snack! If you want to indulge a little, coat them with dark chocolate before freezing. Citrus fruits, like oranges and grapefruits, are also very beneficial for the brain. They promote learning, improve memory, and protect nerve cells, boosting overall mental health. Try keeping some cuties in your backpack for easy snacking! 

Tip No. 5: Hydrate As Much As Possible 

Water is liquid gold for the body. Drinking water has many health benefits, like regulating body temperature and carrying nutrients and oxygen to your cells. Although it can be hard to remember to drink water during our busy schedules, try putting your phone on top of your water bottle. That way, every time you check your phone, you can take a sip of water! If you want to jazz things up a little, make some infused water for yourself with fresh berries and citrus fruits. When you finish your bottle, you have a refreshing snack at the end! 

Tip No. 6: Be Kind To Yourself 

As much as you can, try not to compromise on meal times. It can be easier said than done, but allocating just a little time in the day for you to fully enjoy your meal is so important. Put your laptop and books away during meal times and watch the sunset or sit on the quad with some friends. It is just as important to study as it is to de-stress and take some time for yourself. Be mindful when you eat, be grateful for the food on your plate, and enjoy it! Savor every bite and pat yourself on the back for working so hard. 

Well, folks, that marks the end of my guide to eating during finals week! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it for you all! Good luck with finals; you've got this!

Happy studying!